We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aghios Nicolas

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
reviews: 3
Aghios Nicolas

Can anyone tell me how long the walk is to Ag Nic from Stoupa and what path/track do we follow based on a steady stroll and taking in any scenery on the way. THanks in advance

reviews: 7
1. Re: Aghios Nicolas

I would love to do the walk. We went in a car last year. Any info would be great. Can we make it there and back in the heat!? planning an evening meal. I am a slow walker.

Scotland
reviews: 53
2. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Hi

We walked the path a few years ago. it's a lovely walk . There is a small hotel with a pool that you could stop at for a drink on route. If you don't want to walk back there is a good bus service. You may not want to walk back after evening meal!

We ended up moving from Stoupa to Ag Nik for a few nights as we loved the village.

London
reviews: 10
3. Re: Aghios Nicolas

We did the walk 5 years ago when last in Stoupa and plan to do it again in July when we return. We took a path behind the school, walked through the olive grove and then you reach the coastal path as I recall. We took around 60 mins to walk it stopping to take photos along the way. The restaurant/bar was closed when we did the walk before but has re-opened this year I believe. It is somewhere along the path and will be welcome for a cold drink and a sit down for a breather especially in that heat. We will then continue to Ag.,Nic and hopefully have lunch as before by the harbour. We walked back last time too and hope to again. I remember the scenery was jaw dropping, and it is well worth the walk. Not sure I would want to walk it at night though. I imagine it would be very very dark.

colchester
reviews: 4
4. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Nice easy walk, albeit on concrete takes 50ish minutes each way. Stop at Gregs Bar for a drink by the harbour, before walking or catching the bus back, beer 1.5 euro when I was there in May!!

Edited: 1:16 pm, June 15, 2012
Bury, United Kingdom
reviews: 88
5. Re: Aghios Nicolas

We are considering getting bicycles to do it. Figure at the end of August it'll be a quicker cooler way of getting there ? I'm assuming it's fairly flat and traffic free?

colchester
6. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Yes Thira, I hired my bike from Stoupa Rentals near Georges Hotel. Easy ride to Ag Nic, and then on to Pantazi beach (bit scruffy) next is Ag Dimitri, a tiny fishing harbour but no bar or shop. I always then go on to Trachila which is at the end of that particular coast road but it is VERY hilly although a lovely village, but would be too hot whilst you are there. Always keep my bike till next morning and use it to bike to the supermarket on the main road to save carrying my shopping. Ask for a bike with a basket or bungy straps on the back carrier and if you pick it up about 11a.m. you will be able to keep it until 11a.m. the next day.......have fun!!

Edited: 4:19 am, June 16, 2012
Bury, United Kingdom
7. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Thats great, thank you Carol. I have emailed Stoupa rentals (no reply yet) asking if they have bikes with baskets at the front and cost per day. I think I remember you said €11? I assume that is for one day?

Not ridden a bike since a trip to Poros 10 years ago so I need some practice!!

Don't think I will chance roads though, don't feel too confident. I was reading on another island thread about a spate of bicycle thefts, I trust this isn't the casein Stoupa?

colchester
8. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Thira, they do have bikes with baskets, but the baskets are not suitable for very heavy loads, so they usually give me a bungy so that I can secure stuff to the back rack. Roads are so quiet you may not even see a car, and the supermarket isn't far along the main road, infact it is just up from Stoupa Rentals itself, Katerinas that is, the other (cheaper) one is just a further 100 yds on the other side of the road. A padlock and emergency number is also provided.

Edited: 2:28 pm, June 16, 2012
Bury, United Kingdom
9. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Well as long as the bike itself is suitable for heavy loads I'll be ok! Basket will just have my beach attire plus towel suncream etc. Perhaps a bottle of ouzo en route to hotel Stoupa, via supermarket .

reviews: 7
10. Re: Aghios Nicolas

Would 'rucksack' work? I always have it as my hand luggage and put my small bag in it at airport. Good for trips. So use bike and rucksack. Tempted to use bike but how do brakes work. I remember going over handle bars in germany because you had to backpedal. A very long time ago!

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa