We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helpful tips for kos town

Which Kos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ashford middx
reviews: 8
helpful tips for kos town

had great time here in kos town and heer are some helpful tips

bicycle hire 3 euros a day great fun

quad hire 20 euros a day for small 2 seater 80cc or up to 45 for big ones can use anyway and are

beer cost around 2 to 4 euros a pint just look around easy

meals vary from 8 to 20 pounds for same thing

money exchange 1.10 given in kos 1.04 in rip off britain

plenty of cash tills scattered around

buses 1.20 each way great

taxis around 7 euros from town to hotel

cigarettes and tabbaco same price EVERYWHERE

get a bicycle and quad out great fun

car hire 35 euros a day for lovely 4 seat ac fiesta size all in no extras open topped jeep 50 euros

any questions do ask

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
1. Re: helpful tips for kos town

Hi Denis,

Thanks for sharing !

hull, uk
2. Re: helpful tips for kos town

hi

just wondered does kos town have as hectic nightlife as kardemena. Trying to get away from the mad binge drinking that goes on in kardemena. cheers

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
reviews: 23
3. Re: helpful tips for kos town

no kos town is much more relaxed if you want hectic then their is bar street and you have to venture unless you want to we are going in a few days staying in kos town at the Bahamas great little hotel but like to go to a small place in lambi for a quiet drink with very friendly atmosphere called DELON PUB been using this one over 15 years you get lots of returning customers each year and his prices are the cheapest and that's from a yorkshireman

ashford middx
4. Re: helpful tips for kos town

yes as above perfect answer kos town is much more relaxed more family orientetated just a good place to chill out and delon pub is fine as all seemed too be

have a great hols

nottingham
reviews: 11
5. Re: helpful tips for kos town

hi there is it possible to hire a car with a baby car seat as our little one is 15 months old.. wed lvoe to ee the island but would only want to do so knowig she was strapped in safely.x

ashford middx
6. Re: helpful tips for kos town

i didnt need child seat but the quality of the cars leads me to believe that there will be no problem getting a good one and safety no problem

have a great holiday

Bradford, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: helpful tips for kos town

going in sept wanting to go to kos town dont know whether to go all inc or self c any advice welcome also which hotel appartments would you recomend

London, United...
reviews: 3
8. Re: helpful tips for kos town

mands you can get car seats when you rent cars in Kos.

dannycarol you have to go self catering to get a really feel of Greece and to meet the local people, thinhs in Greece are not expensive.

ronostommo if you want a nice holiday away form the crazyness you have to try Tigaki been going there now over 10 years and I love the place.

Letcombe Regis, OXON
reviews: 49
9. Re: helpful tips for kos town

We are off to Tigaki in September, for our first visit to Kos. Loved Rhodes, so we believe this will be even better from what we have read. Picked Tigaki as everything I read makes it sound like what we want; good beach, not too much 'noise' at night, good selection of Tavernas and close to Kos Town. Can't wait....

Kos Town, Greece
reviews: 1
10. Re: helpful tips for kos town

I would always recommend going s/c as you have the freedom and flexibility to do what you want when you want and most of all you support the local economy not only the large international groups.

There are many great places to stay and you can find a few on www.kosexplorer.com and www.stayinkos.com which are both local websites about the island.

I am sure you will have a great holiday whatever you choose Kos island is beautiful... some great photos on kos explorer