We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niznevartovsk to Tomsk

Which Tomsk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arad, Romania
Niznevartovsk to Tomsk

Hello,

we have a 4x4 expedition through Russia, and were wondering if we can get from Niznevartovsk to Tomsk by car, along the Obi river. On the map there are no roads, just swamp, and we don't want to go round.

Thank you!!!!

4 replies to this topic
Oakland, California
reviews: 25
1. Re: Niznevartovsk to Tomsk

You'd have to search for 4x4 clubs in those cities for advice.

Just google something like

'томск клуб 4x4' or 'нижневартовск клуб 4x4'

I found these instantly:

http://www.nv4x4.ru/

http://4x4.tomsk.ru/

Now anything you find will be in Russian, but I'm pretty sure there will be people on the forums who'd know at least some English.

You can use Google Chrome (with translation functionality) to navigate the websites/forums.

I can defo see some local roads when zooming in close and there's a road from Toms to Kolpashevo. If there are no floods should be doable, but that's just a guess. You'd definitley need information from local off-roaders to be sure.

Arad, Romania
2. Re: Niznevartovsk to Tomsk

Thank you very much! I speak a litte russiann, so I guess I'll manage to understand those who will write me a few words in russian! :)

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
reviews: 7
3. Re: Niznevartovsk to Tomsk

In winter there is a winter road over the river, and 4*4 could be used for travel. In summer - no way - no road, no bridge. Make sure your 4*4 is prepared for local conditions! Try this, if you can - these places are really nice and unusual...

Arad, Romania
4. Re: Niznevartovsk to Tomsk

Thank you all! I guess, only by ferry down the Obi river :( ..so, we have to change the route. Basically , the ideea was to try some real adventurous route from the Ural mountains to lake Baikal, really off the highway, getting a taste of the real siberian wilderness. That's why I imagined a road through Khanty-Masinsk, Surgut, Obi river to Yenisey river- Yeniseysk town. But I guess that's not doable... so, we would appreciate ideas for other itineraries in the region (they should be not loger than 8 days!!!!)

Thank you again!

Reply to: Niznevartovsk to Tomsk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tomsk