We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arranging a car + driver from Habarana

Which Habarana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northamptonshire
reviews: 31
Arranging a car + driver from Habarana

Hi.....we are hoping to spend 5 nights at the Chaaya Village Hotel in April next year. Could someone advise me how easy it will be to arrange a car and driver for excursions to the Cultural Triangle sights whilst using the hotel as a base?

Many thanks,

Sarah

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
1. Re: Arranging a car + driver from Habarana

Hi Sarah,

Quite easy. First try the hotel tours desk, they will have an offer and if the rate is around Rs 35-40/km why not use it. No need for the driver to have a 'high' minimum mileage per day (100-150 km) as with roundtrips, a low one of maybe 50 km should be sufficient for him to recoup the fixed costs with this rate.

If the tours desk does not come up with an offer acceptable for you, turn to the 'safari boys' (brothers of the beach boys on the coast ;-) waiting just outside the hotel gates to get competing bids. Use the criteria given in the 'top questions' about booking an excursion to get a good comparison.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

St Austell
reviews: 26
2. Re: Arranging a car + driver from Habarana

I seem to remember that they had individual sightseeing tours priced at Chaaya Village Hotel when we stayed there, covering all the main attractions of the area. You could certainly use that as a guide, but the local guys would no doubt be a lot cheaper. Bargain for a good price.

Sue

Northamptonshire
reviews: 31
3. Re: Arranging a car + driver from Habarana

Thankyou all for such a prompt reply! I feel reassured now that we will be able to get out and about, without having to worry about driving ourselves - my husband is keen to have a go, but having seen what the roads are like on a previous trip, I would rather drive the wrong way up the M1!. Thanks also for the useful info about the rates we could expect to pay.

4. Re: Arranging a car + driver from Habarana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, October 03, 2012