We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sahara Services?

Which M'Hamid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
Sahara Services?

Has anyone went on a tour with them within the last couple of months?

I noticed the agency's review page is no longer listed on TA, while the kabash is still there. Just wondering if anyone know the reason why. I have a desert trip booked with them next month and just finding it a bit odd.

10 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sahara Services?

I just came back from desert trip with Sahara Services a week ago. It's a great trip. The food is good, the places we stay are clean and tastefully decorated. The driver/guide is excellent. Recommend their services.

Edited: 6:28 pm, April 28, 2013
2. Re: Sahara Services?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 29, 2013

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: Sahara Services?

No I haven't paid yet. Going to email them soon and see what is up. I was hoping to see some responses of people who went with them recently. I was just really surprised to see their review page gone because it was still there in March when I was booking my vacation.

4. Re: Sahara Services?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, April 30, 2013

5. Re: Sahara Services?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, May 16, 2013

6. Re: Sahara Services?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 29, 2013

Athens, Greece
reviews: 10
7. Re: Sahara Services?

Hello,

I just came back from a trip with them. Booked through their website, payed in their office in Marrakesh and off we went. I can tell you it is amazing, highly professional and a very good experience overall not to mention the prices. I will try to post a report later this week.

Edmonton, Canada
8. Re: Sahara Services?

I just came back from my vacation, and yes I did end up using them.

Overall it was a positive experience. I'll try to post a trip report later after I get through my jet lag.

The tour was as described to us in email, and the driver was very professional. I had a lovely chat with one of their main organizers while I was in their M'Hamid kabash, and he seems to understand what overseas clients are looking for in their services.

Will post more in a trip report later. I'm not sure how I can write a review since their review page was taken down.

UK
reviews: 16
9. Re: Sahara Services?

I just got back from a desert trip with them and here is my review:

Sahara Services did a great job with our car rental - great deal and easy transaction. They are very responsive and attentive to what you're looking for when organizing this trip. However - make sure to request an English speaking guide and if possible, try to speak with the guide in advance to make sure you understand him.

We also booked a 2 day trip to Erg Chigaga (the Nomad tour on the website). We stayed one night in the hotel in M'Hamid which was great - good dinner and breakfast and then went on the tour. Unfortunately, our guide spoke limited English and this was difficult as we wanted to learn about the nomadic people, their work with camels, etc and found that we could only get so far with him. Additionally, we only had two nights there (which is definitely enough) and on our first night, we thought we'd go see the sunset on the dunes but our guide just left us and went off in another jeep. We found that strange and were disappointed - we went on our own to the high dune on the second night.

Nevertheless - a guide can't ruin the night sky and the staff at the camp were fantastic. The food was great as was the music they played for us. Our second day included a one day trip to visit a nomad family by camel. 2 hours on a camel is more than enough so 3 hours each way was pretty exhausting. I ended up walking most of the time which was fine but just so you know - a camel ride is hardly comfortable. With the nomad family, since our guide spoke limited English, it was practically impossible to communicate with them.

Finally, sandboarding isn't as easy as it looks. Try to book an experience so you go to the right place with the right conditions to ensure a good experience.

Lima
reviews: 1
10. Re: Sahara Services?

Just got back from a three day tour with Sahara Services and would definitely recommend them. The food was amazing and the trip very well organized. Our driver/guide Mohammed was a rock star behind the wheel -you should ask for him. The Sahara desert night was unquestionably the best part and I would recommend doing at least a four day tour so that you aren't spending the majority of the time in the car.

Reply to: Sahara Services?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about M'Hamid
More M'Hamid Topics