We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a safe taxi company in Bad Ischl?

Which Bad Ischl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh...
reviews: 3
Is there a safe taxi company in Bad Ischl?

Is there a safe taxi company in Bad Ischl? Everyone reading this must avoid the following company -

Owner: Franz Xaver Stadlmann

> Address: Waldweg 5, 4820 Bad Ischl, Austria

> Telephone +43 664 4010920

> e-mail: stadlmann@puppenwelt.at

We had the misfortune to have to use this company to get us from St Wolfgang to Salzburg airport.

It is no exaggeration to say that my wife, my daughter and I were lucky to get to Salzburg Airport alive.

The driver of our taxi was erratic and dangerous. He was dishevelled and unfit to drive. We had to tell him to slow down and to keep his eyes on the road so he didn't collide with vehicles slowing down or turning off. He was constantly yawning and I had to watch him all the time from my seat beside him to ensure he did not fall asleep. He sang crazily along to his Abba tribute band cd, veering into the verge or into other lanes, accelerating and braking erratically and dangerously. My daughter's seat was not fitted properly and my wife had to keep a constant hold of it as it moved and swayed beside her.

When we approached Salzburg, the driver did not know where he was going and appeared not to be able to read the road signs. I had to show him the turn off to the airport, which he only just made in time, nearly hitting a truck in the process, and then my wife and I had to keep directing him, even though all we were doing was reading the signs. We don't speak German but coped better than he did.

Our lives were in danger and we remain quite traumatised by the experience.

It is vital that this driver is prevented from driving or at least prevented from being a taxi driver. He is going to kill someone one day and he should not be on the road.

Please do NOT use this company.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 47
1. Re: Is there a safe taxi company in Bad Ischl?

First Point

Anybody wanting a Taxi from St Wolfgang to the airport should try protravel in St Wolfgang. They are really good, speak good English and do a lot more than just Taxi transfers.

protravel.at/en-st-wolfgang-wolfgangsee.htm

Second

Your taxi ride sounds really bad.

You could try a complaint to the Town Hall. They all have to be licensed.

What is not clear, is this a one man taxi firm or just a really bad driver from that company?

Yes there are good taxi companies in Bad Ischl.

Bad Ischl...
2. Re: Is there a safe taxi company in Bad Ischl?

Hello!

My name is Christian, i am from Bad Ischl. I am a taxi driver for the company which this complaint is about, Taxi Stadlmann. We are 3 drivers in total, my boss, another driver, and me.

I was surfing the Internet, when I randomly came across this site and had to read this complaint about our taxi company. Although, this post is several months old now, I'll have to make some points clear here.

THE DRIVER, YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT, ISN'T WORKING FOR US ANY MORE!!

This taxi driver was completely new to the taxi business. He made a good impression, when he started to work for us and so, my boss employed him. But taxi driving simply was not the right job for him, as it turned out after a few months...

SO, IF YOU CALL OUR TAXI COMPANY, YOU WON'T HAVE THE CHANCE TO MEET HIM AGAIN!

We are all drivers with good experience and so, troubles as described in this post won't happen when you drive with anyone of us!

We have to aplogize for the problems that occured on your trip to the airport and are looking forward to see you again in Bad Ischl or St.Wolfgang!

3. Re: Is there a safe taxi company in Bad Ischl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, February 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bad Ischl