We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

Which Bad Ischl hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 6
Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

Does anyone have a recommendation on a hotel or B&B in Bad Ischl that is located near the train station. I'm staying one night only and would like to pretty near the station. Thanks.

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 10
1. Re: Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

The centre of Bad Ischl is pretty small, so there are a few places in walking distance.

I recently stayed at the Landhotel Hubertushof. That's handy for the station (a few minutes' walk) and it is quiet and reasonably well equipped for the price. The breakfasts are very good. See

tiscover.com/at/…home.html

You could also try the Goldenes Schiff which is bit more expensive, but right in the town centre.

I used to stay at the Hotel Sonnhof which is right next to the railway station (but on top of a small, steep hill so it's quite a pull to get up there). I went off the place when they gave my room away to another guest, though I had booked months in advance. Their website is

http://members.aon.at/chrovat/sonnhof_g.html

You can check prices and availability on www.badischl.com (though the Sonnhof doesn't book through them)

Florida
reviews: 31
2. Re: Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

I have stayed at Hubertushof several times, and it is a very nice family-run hotel. You can easily walk to it from the train station within about 7 or 8 minutes.

http://www.hubertushof.co.at/

Tampa, Florida
3. Re: Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

Thanks to the two of you for your replies. I will contact the Hubertushof as you both think it's good.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 47
4. Re: Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

Hi

The recomended Hotel is a good choice.

You will love Bad Ischl. Make sure you get time to have a wonder round even if it's in the evening. The park is lit up at night and with the fountains going is really pretty.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat you could eat in the Hotel (Typical Austrain food) or take a look at the restaurant reviews I submitted.

staff

Tampa, Florida
5. Re: Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

Thanks for the reply. I plan to arrive in Bad Ischl and then go over directly to Hallstadt for the day. The following day I can see some of Ischl before departing.

6. Re: Need a Bad Ischl hotel/guest house near the train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 14, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bad Ischl