We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
reviews: 162
Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal

First of all, i'd like to describe my situation, as follows:

We are family with two adult children, planning to visit HK 02-05th May, and Macau 05th-09th May. I have booked hotel in HK already. Initially, i planned to book Macau hotel on departure from Macau Ferry Terminal in Shun Tak centre (did it many times before, and excluding holidays, they were 20-25% cheaper than online). However, i have got a warning regarding long weekend holidays, due to 1st of May celebration and Washing Buddha / Drunken Dragon festival in Macau on 6th. Therefore i came close to solution, to book Macau hotel in advance. Now i am thinking about idea to book Sheraton online for 5-7, and thereafter to move into Sofitel. I know from my earlier experience, however, that during "normal" days online and hotel rack prices are higher than in Shun Tak Center agencies. Therefore, i have two questions:-

1. How do you appreciate my ideas in general?

2. Are hotel agents in Shun Tak selling rooms in advance also, or it is only "buy-and-sail" business? In other words, will i be able to buy Sofitel for 7-9 at departure on 5th?

4 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,126
1. Re: Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal

Hello Boris,

There is unfortunately very little reference to use of the Shun Tak Centre travel agents on either the Hong Kong or Macau forum from years past. Perhaps this is something you could help us with by sharing more of your experience (and future experiences) on the Macau forum for the benefit of future readers of this thread.

Unfortunately, we make our accommodation arrangements in other ways and don't know the likelihood of the agents having any cheaper rooms during this holiday and festival period.

Also, if you do go through with the Sheraton only reservation, just make sure you have a backup plan in the event that Sofitel is full when you attempt to contact and reserve after the 5th of May. Would be a shame to end up spending a lot of time seeking out a hotel during a busy holiday weekend.

Either way, whatever you choose, do please let us know your experiences here so they can be shared with future readers of this thread.

Best of luck with your research and decision and hope you enjoy your next trip to Macau.

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
reviews: 162
2. Re: Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal

Thank you, BradJill!

Last question: do you think, 7-8th of May (Thursday and Friday) a problem of overbooking can exist in Macau?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
3. Re: Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal

We hear about about hotels being fully booked at times but don't recall 'overbooking' problems.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
4. Re: Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal

Here is the updated report from the OP based on their experience booking hotel rooms at the Hong Kong Macau ferry terminal (see link).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g664891-i12409-k75…

Thanks for providing the update, Borys B.

Reply to: Hotel Agents in Shun Tak Centre, Ferry Terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted