We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus fare question

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
asia
reviews: 60
bus fare question

Hi!

Sorry for my silly question but I can't seem to find an answer after searching on the search function.

If we are to take the bus, is it possible to pay for the whole group in one transaction or do I have to prepare the exact amount of the bus fare per person?

Thanks!!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,589
1. Re: bus fare question

You can pay for everyone at once but do note that the buses have payment boxes with coin slots, you don't pay the driver directly.

So, it doesn't matter which particular coins you use to insert as long as total payment adds up to, or is greater than the amount you owe for the entire group. Also note, that no change is given if your payment is above the amount owed.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau Region
reviews: 9
2. Re: bus fare question

Would just like to add to the above that if you have a larger group (more than 3 or 4) and are trying to catch a bus from a stop other than the beginning of the route, you might not all fit onto the one bus, specially at peak hours or on weekends.

If you have more specific queries about routes or timing, just let us know :-)

asia
reviews: 60
3. Re: bus fare question

Thanks!!!

4. Re: bus fare question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 10, 2014