We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lennox Head...
reviews: 25
Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

Can anyone please tell me if it is an easy operation to go by ferry to shekou from Macau ferry terminal by turbo jet and then get a visa for Australians ( 5 day) special economic zone visa for a stay in Shenzhen? I have previously got a visa very easily at Lo Wu but I am worried that problems may arise at Shekou. Also how far is Shekou from Lo Wu shopping by taxi?

Edited: 11:25 pm, July 27, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau Region
reviews: 9
1. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

Provided the Australian government does nothing to annoy the Chinese government before you travel, no problem at all.

I'm pretty sure that someone posted the Shekou immigration office hours here quite recently , but haven't been able to find it :-(

It's about an hour between Shekou and Lo Wu/ Luohu.

Lennox Head...
2. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

Thank you for your reply. Roughly how much would a taxi cost for this 1 hour trip?

Magog, Canada
reviews: 457
3. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

You can also take the subway, cheaper. Alsp about one hour.

Lennox Head...
4. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

Thank you jean

Do you know if language problems are likely to arise buying tickets for subway?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
reviews: 109
5. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

You can buy the ticket at the machine. It can be switched too English. I assume you carry or get RMB anyway as you need itbfor the visa. You will need to change MTR at Windows ofthe World or Grand Theatre.

Taxi would be around RMB 70 (meter price + 2RMB fuel surcharge), about 40 minutes outside rush hour, unpredictable in rush hour.

Lennox Head...
6. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

Thank you very much taxi is the way to go especially as there will be 2 of us travelling. Taxi will be quicker and easier for us.

7. Re: Macau to Shenzhen via Shikoku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 30, 2013