We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KL
need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

Hi, I am from Malaysia will be travel to above places on 9th June 09. We will reach at Macau International Airpot around 10something. We are planning to stay at Zhu Hai for the first two day thn only travel by sea to Hong Kong. In Hong Kong we will staying in Largos Hotel which near in Jordon Street. Therefore we have to take ferry to reach in China Ferry Terminal. Is there any ferry to take in Zhu Hai to Hong Kong? How is the price?

Furthermore, any good place to eat and shop in Zhu Hai? Heard that the seafood is very nice and fresh?

Others than the underground plaza near border of Zhu Hai any places to shop?

In Hong Kong, I definitely do not know how to plan? Can experts give some advice on travelling in HK. We want to eat local HK food, such as "curry fishball",egg tarts, dim sum etc. Any places to recommend? We will be staying in HK for two days and return back to Macau for our last two days trip.

In Macau, I have research some food that must be eaten if travel there.Such as portugese tart, pig pork burger, steamed egg and etc. Others than that any good recommendation to buy souvenir to my friends and relatives?

Pls do give advices.. Thank you..

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 204
1. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

I'll only answer the Zhuhai part of your questions. Is your arrival in Macau morning or evening? You will need to hurry if your arrival is 10pm because the border closes at midnight. If it is morning then you can take the AP1 bus (but you'll need Macau coins) to the GongBei crossing or take the Venetian free shuttle to the Venetian; have lunch there and then take their free shuttle to the border!!

There are ferries every hour from 8:00 am to 6 pm from Zhuhai to HKG and then 7:30pm, 8:30pm & 9:30pm. Ideally you'd want to go to China Ferry Terminal so basically the "even" hours (8, 10,12, 2, 4) + 5pm & 5:30pm. Cost is around 165 RMB.

Apart from the Gong Bei underground Plaza there is a so-called "Duty free" mall in Jida (the prices are not duty free!). I enjoy strolling up Lian Hua Lu and people watching while drinking a mango smoothie.

Petaling Jaya...
reviews: 32
2. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

Hi Kamiya

2 days is not a lot for Hong Kong. Depending on your interests whether you are into sight seeing or shopping or eating, here are some suggestions :

Sights seeing :

- Disneyland or Ocean Park - if you have kids but the park will take at least 0.5 day to cover. Will be better if you have 1 day.

- Big Buddha & Tai O Fishing Village in Lantau Island - you need to allocate 0.5 day for each

- The Peak

- Avenue of Stars - if possible, go in the evening and then you can catch the Symphony of Lights show @ 8pm daily

Shopping :

- Since you are staying near Jordan Street, 1st stop should be Temple Street Night Market & Ladies Market, both of which are within walking distance from Jordan Street

- Nathan Road is also a shopping haven with shops lining both sides of the road all the way from Tsim Sha Tsui to Mongkok

- Stanley Market but be prepared for the bus journey which will take approximately 1 hour 1 way (from HK Island)

Dim Sum : I went to Lin Heung Restaurant in Central for dim sum but dim sum is offer by lots of restaurants all over Hong Kong. Other places for dim sum are Luk Yu Tea House, Maxim @ City Hall,Ho Choi Seafood Restaurant and Tao Heung Group. Actually you can do a search of 'Dim Sum' here and you will find a few threads on this subject.

While in Hong Kong, you should also try their porridge and noodles. And if you are adventurous, you can also try the dai pai dongs at the Temple Street Night Market

Have a good trip and enjoy :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau Region
reviews: 9
3. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

Wow, you have left some of your research quite late! have you checked out the Macau Region and Hong Kong forums? You can use the search box at the top of the page to look for topics of special interest to you (e.g. "egg tarts" "dim sum" in the Macau forum) - I know you will come up with some useful info for those ones!

KL
4. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

thanks zhuhai2007, your information is very useful for me.. I will be arriving Macau international airport in the morning. I think i will take a bus to the border and meet up my friends there. Heard that Zhu Hai seafood is nice and fresh, do give some recommend restaurant.

Anyway, really thanks for the reply and appreciated ur information.

KL
5. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

thanks lwk-my reply.. Do really help me alot while i am thinking where to start my journey in HK. Definitely will go Disneyland for half day, thn i want to see the the harbourfront show (symphony of lights). How do i get there? I will be staying in Largos hotel, Kowloon.

I heard that HK has many desserts shop, want to try it out. There is many "Kai Bian" food right? other than "xu liu shan" dessert shop, any recommendation?

Look forward your reply..

Thank you very much.

KL
6. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

Thanks oisaan, I do found out many useful information about Macau and Hong Kong. Anyway thanks for the links..

7. Re: need help for 7 days 6 nights in Zhu Hai +Hong Kong +Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 06, 2009