We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
reviews: 19
Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hi there - would be delighted for any feedback. I'm hoping to surprise my hubby with a holiday for his birthday (60) next year. So me being me I'm starting to research places now. I love the look of Puerto Mogan - we both love quiet holidays and if possible as un-touristy as possible. Having found this beautiful place I am now undecided between these two places. We are both fit and enjoy a nice stroll. So I suppose either would suit, but would like as many opinions as possible both good and bad (if there are any!) to help me make up my mind

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 72
1. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hi Mac55,

I'm in Puerto Mogan at the moment and can't recommend one over the other as I'm staying in a private rental. Just for your info, all other things being equal, I would say that Hotel Puerto M is closer to the centre of things, more of a choice of restaurants, bars, shops and closer to the beach. But as you don't mind a short walk, Cordial Puerto Valle is only a short distance from the beach and the centre. I'd let price and quality of accommodation be your guide.

Northern Ireland
2. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Thanks for that magscork - much appreciated. Do you know if the restaurants are good value for money?

Scotland
reviews: 5
3. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

We've stayed in both accommodation - a fortnight ago we were in the hotel. Our preference would be the hotel, but only marginally.

Apartments built in to the hillside so if you're allocated lofty accommodation then it's a series of lifts (they only go up a few floors each) or the many staircases (again which don't go from top to bottom).

Apartment we stayed in was adequate and the balcony was huge. Hotel accommodation lovely rooms, cleaned everyday. Environment great as was the choice of food at meal times.

Enough eating places in the resort if you want self catering in the apartments - reasonably priced if I remember - this time we stayed h/b at the hotel.

Aalesund, Norway
reviews: 24
4. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hotel Puerto Mogan has great location. Stayed there 3 years ago. That's my No 1 in Mogan. Have stayed at Cordial Mogan Playa (celebrate my 60), but only visited friends in Cordial Mogan Valle. In December I will stay next to Valle as in December 2010. Lovely stroll down to the centre, beach and marina. You will find eating places at all price levels in the resort.

Northern Ireland
5. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. I still cannot decide - might be a good excuse for holidaying there more than once!

Aalesund, Norway
reviews: 24
6. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

You don't need a good excuse for holidaying more than once. Once you have been, you will go back :-)

surrey
reviews: 22
7. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hi mac55

My husband and I have stayed at the Cordial Valle apartments twice and the Cordial Mogan hotel once. We are due back at the Valle apartments this time next week!!

We love the freedom of the apartments because of all the space it affords. The balconies are absolutely HUGE, We do tend to get under each others feet in one hotel room. We have been completely self catering and also half board. This time we are going breakfast only. The cooking facilities are 'adequate' but who wants to cook a gourmet meal on holiday any way? Lunch for us was usually something simple bought from the Hyperdino supermarket directly opposite the apartments. - with a glass of wine or three on the balcony.There are plenty of restaurants down by the beach and harbour to cater for all sorts of tastes.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. I am sure you will have read the reviews and won't need me to reiterate everything. Suffice to say, it is thoroughly recommended.

We have chosen to go back to the apartments because we really do enjoy the freedom of being able to eat when and where we wish. Apart from breakfast that is. Eugenio is the manager of the restaurant and is the nicest, most pleasant member of staff at a hotel we have ever met any where.

Now, if it was my husband's 60th what would I choose to do? Going on what I have read about the junior suites at the hotel, I think that is what I would plump for. A really special hotel with extra space rather than being crammed into one small room .

Whichever you choose, I am sure you will not regret it. Puerto Mogan is the most beautiful place to visit and the Cordial has so many repeat visitors.

Just being nosey now, what time of year would you be going?

Hope this has helped in some small way and hasn't thrown a spanner into the works by adding the junior suites into the equation!

If you want me to find anything out for you while we are there I will be only too happy to.

Regards, Fussy :o)

Dublin
reviews: 3
8. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hi,

Over the last few years we have stayed in Cordial Valle apartments on 3 occasions and Cordial Playa hotel once. We prefer the apartments, as it gives more options as regards choices for lunch, dinner etc. Also the swimming pools are great for the early morning dip - something which sharpens the appetite for the brekkie. As Fusy57 mentions, the balconies are huge and the Hiperdino shop nearby has all the essentials. If going for the Cordial apartments check out some previous posts regarding the way the apartment blocks are built into the hillside; at first it can be a bit confusing as depending on the floor you are on you can face 2 lifts and a flight of stairs. We always as for something on block K (rooms 327 to 333) , but this is our preference only and others may disagree. (only 1 lift needed and no stairs...). Puerto Mogan has a huge variety of restaurants to suit all tastes. This forum is a great source of information- do some reading and research. Good luck, enjoy and happy birthday. (BTW, I'm also the big 60 next year !!!, maybe I'll be brought somewhere nice...)

Dublin
reviews: 3
9. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hi,

Over the last few years we have stayed in Cordial Valle apartments on 3 occasions and Cordial Playa hotel once. We prefer the apartments, as it gives more options as regards choices for lunch, dinner etc. Also the swimming pools are great for the early morning dip - something which sharpens the appetite for the brekkie. As Fusy57 mentions, the balconies are huge and the Hiperdino shop nearby has all the essentials. If going for the Cordial apartments check out some previous posts regarding the way the apartment blocks are built into the hillside; at first it can be a bit confusing as depending on the floor you are on you can face 2 lifts and a flight of stairs. We always as for something on block K (rooms 327 to 333) , but this is our preference only and others may disagree. (only 1 lift needed and no stairs...). Puerto Mogan has a huge variety of restaurants to suit all tastes. This forum is a great source of information- do some reading and research. Good luck, enjoy and happy birthday. (BTW, I'm also the big 60 next year !!!, maybe I'll be brought somewhere nice...)

Northern Ireland
10. Re: Cordial puerto Valle or Hotel Puerto Mogan

Hi Fussy57 & Terryoc, wow thank you for your feedback / information. To Fussy57 - My husbands birthday is next September and we would hope to go sometime during then. Thanks for giving me even more decisions!! :) I think I'm edging towards the apartment with breakfast. Like you we like room to relax and I have to admit the balcony is a big plus. No doubt I will be back asking lots more questions in the weeks & months ahead of our trip

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics