We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartmentos el Petromar

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 27
Apartmentos el Petromar

Hi

We're looking to return to Puerto de Mogan in the spring, looking at apartments just now. Do you know anything about Apartmentos El Petromar? I've seen their website but prefer to listen to TA comments before committing.

Also I see they have a boat available, anyone been to these apartments and can elaborate on quality of accommodation and usability of the boat?

All info appreciated.

Scotland
1. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

A wee bump, has anyone stayed at these apartments and have feedback?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Maspalomas, Puerto Rico, Playa del Ingles
reviews: 4
2. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

Dont know anythign about these apartments but Orillas del mar has good reports - good music etc from their restaurant.

These apartments are in the old town - only across the road from the 'new' La Venecia'. Quaint winding streets up the hillside. I think this would be a great place to stay - maybe slightly quirky in a converted house. Sound lovely, let us know if you book it and how you find it

Scotland
3. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

Thanks, what I liked was the boat, not sure if it's included in the rental cost.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Maspalomas, Puerto Rico, Playa del Ingles
reviews: 4
4. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

Probably not. Just can be rented through them - but then again if you get there and its included, then it'll be a nice bonus

Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

Had a very bad experience at this place this November 2010. There were Cockroaches in the food cupboards and when we complained we were told by the owner that it's the same everywhere in Puerto de Mogan. We left after 1 night and were refused a refund. Given the owner's attitude to cockroaches we are thankful that we didn't eat in the restaurant Orillas del Mar.

We're glad to say that this place is the exception in Puerto de Mogan and there seems to be plenty of decent places to stay and to eat.

A Kellly

Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

Had a very bad experience at this place this November 2010. There were Cockroaches in the food cupboards and when we complained we were told by the owner that it's the same everywhere in Puerto de Mogan. We left after 1 night and were refused a refund. Given the owner's attitude to cockroaches we are thankful that we didn't eat in the restaurant Orillas del Mar.

We're glad to say that this place is the exception in Puerto de Mogan and there seems to be plenty of decent places to stay and to eat.

A Kellly

Aalesund, Norway
reviews: 24
7. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

I have stayed 4 weeks at El Petromar and did'nt saw any cockroaches inside the apartment. Outside I saw a few here and there, but this is Gran Canaria and you find them everywhere. Even in the garden at Cordial Mogan Playa I have seen cockroaches. I don't like them, but I don't think they like me either...

ArthurKelly; you really missed a local food experiance since you did'nt tried the restaurant!

Restaurant Orillas del Mar have been one of my favorite restaurants in Puerto de Mogan. I have been on holidays in this area for 25 years and have visitted Orillas del Mar many times. Never been served poor or bad tasted food in the restaurant.

The family business (apartments & restaurant) is run by Antonio Godoy Navarro, but in the kitchen the wife is the boss. Milagros can be proud of her Canarian cuisine and her specializes in fish dishes. I am a fussy fish eater, but friends are very satisfied with the fish she prepare. The paella I can really recommend! Also recommend the soups and tapas. Also a good meat menu. Yesterday I eat a tasty chicken soup, but her canary soup is the best.

I will finish this post with my best recommendations for Orillas del Mar.

8. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, October 07, 2012
9. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, October 07, 2012
Lerwick, United...
10. Re: Apartmentos el Petromar

Good for you AuroraNorway. We have stayed many times in this accommodation for up to 7 weeks and would echo your comments We have NEVER had a cockroach in our food cupboards.Milagros cleans both restaurant kitchen and apartments to an extreme level (she once cleaned one through which had already been thoroughly cleaned by the departing people and by her employed maid, if ever there was a place that you could eat your dinner off the floor then this is it. We go to a lot of trouble to find a Brit free zone for our holidays but occasionally (like the cockroaches) one or two sneak through. We apologise to Antonio and our many friends for the disturbance that a certain sort of our countrymen can bring. See you all soon. Always look out for the one carrying a Daily Mail.

NorthMan

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics