We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
GEORDIELAND
reviews: 75
Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Another TA member asked me to do a review after my recent holiday, so dont slate me for what ,afterall is an individuals perspective.

So here is our opinion on both apts and resort.

THE APARTMENTS, we booked these apartments because we heard they were predominantly used for the german market, this suited us fine as normally the German people demand higher standards , it seems the dross is usually reserved for the british!

It has to said that the apartments were of a very high standard and its pointless giving long descriptions as its all been said on TA before, suffice to say the reviews are right, what we also liked was the robust anti-cockroach brush on the door that stopped any nasties crawling into your room, the reception staff were great especially the Dutch girl whose name we have forgot, she really went the extra mile. The only down side was we were charged 12 eoros for 2 small glasses of wine, needless to say they were the only drinks we took ,, so pricing policy is ultimately costing them money, its not rocket science to realise that they would make more money by not ripping off on drink prices.

THE RESORT.

The resort is lovely but we would have struggled to stay more than a week , but for a week it was fine for us,the only down sides were the price of drink/food and after a while it got a little claustrophobic as you could not go for long walks as it is in a bay,but for a weeks retreat to recharge it hits the button.

Regards drinks prices we soon learnt the golden rule, if the prices were not displayed outside , dont go in, A pub in so called bar street charged us 5 euro for a beer , so once again did not go back, The best food we got was from a carry out Italians , that had a few tables outside, the pizzas and foccacia bread were some of the best we have ever had, the tiramisu ,which should be a signature dish of any Italian restaurant was superb and the chef and his partner were very friendly, you cant miss it, its off the little square up the hill a bit, and the prices were more realistic than the other places, we ate here often, this is where the locals tend to drink and as such the cheapest place for drinks,we found a lot of restaurants on the front pretty bog standard and pricey, but menu del dias were the best bet.

We went for a walk along the pretty harbour and asked for 2 cans of seven up, we were served carrefours own brand and charged 4 euros to take them out, , one night in another bar we asked for 2 bacardis and cokes, and anyone who drinks bacardi will tell you ,you can definitely tell when its not the real deal, sure enough when I quizzed the server what i had been given she pointed to the cheap stuff, so although the place was lovely we felt we were being taken for mugs, and for that reason would not return, we are going to take our summer holidays in the uk this year as we think the canaries are pricing the average hard worker out.

Please remember this is only OUR OPINION but its how we feel and its a shame because mogan really is a very pretty place, it was very quiet when we were there in March and a lot of bars /restaurants were not open midweek, some shops were not occupied, yeah theres a recession on , but we suspect it isnt just the recession , its the prices

playa mogan
1. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Letitrock.

I totaly agree with all you say here.

It is a shame. But to enlighten you! part of the problem its the very high prices the bar owners have to pay for the rents for the bars here.

And so they pass it on down to the consumer.

But so glad you found your little gem of a place the italians up the side street. There are other places like that as well The Terrazabar on top of the underground car park. and a few more like the one by the bus station, Both have Tapas on the counter .

A good guide to go by is check out where the canarians themselves eat. And you will not go wrong at all

You have given a very good descrition of here. sadly beach and harbour side is expensive. Some is worth it some is not.

playa mogan
2. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Letitrock.

When you live an ordinary life here you dont eat out a lot at all.You cant afford to in the resorts only in the Canarian areas places at there prices.Villages and towns.

But i must say you have tempted me now to try this little italian place out now myself. I love Pizza and Tiramisu Its next on my list now Thankyou!!

for letting me know how good they are there.

GEORDIELAND
3. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

when we say good we mean good, honestly you wil get a pleasant surprise, its a little gem simple basis italian fare, weate no where else

playa mogan
4. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Great!. looking forwards to this, and will report back.

The pizzas i have bought out up to now have been rubbish except for black jacks. In the bar street., (JACK EL NEGRO) we just call there black jacks.

The calypso down there also own the small last bar opposite them and are really terrible on the prices of drinks. I expect that that is to pay for the entertainment they put on sometimes. But no excuse at all when they dont have enetrtainment on.

GEORDIELAND
5. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Yeah, think it was the calypso that charged us 5 euros, didnt think it that friendly neither, but smashing bar across the road, with settees in and lots of tropical fish ,really chilled out, our favourite was zona verde ,it was very pleasant sitting outside listening to the music and having a sip,

we are thinking of coming to melonaras or maspolomas next year, visited rico, yak yak yak but each to their own..was quite nice until you got to the big square of shops and bars, whilst in P.rico cost us 3 euros for a small ice cream, its just silly.

playa mogan
6. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

The bar with the fish in is Canarian owned. The calypso bar Is german owned.and they also have the little one across next to the bridge as well.

jack El negro has been in the same family for god knows how many years they came from a little island somewhere forgot the name of it. but an obscure one so cant think of there nationality now ,but it is not really heard of normaly. They live in a villa on top of the Mountains in Playa del cura and have one daughter called Sandra very nice people and reasonable on everything as well. Very good steaks there.

playa mogan
7. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

Zona Verde yes good place.

ice cream is normaly 1.50 per bola as they say, thats one small cornet with one blob in it.

8. Re: Cordial Valle Apts Puerto Mogan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics