We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please

Which Tigaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 17
Advice Please

Hi All

Thinking of having a change next year from Kos. Can anybody please tell me if they know of any self catering apartments in Crete or Corfu that are as good as the Marianna Apartments in Tingaki, i.e. cleanliness, friendliness etc, but in a slightly livelier location and nearer the beach? Oh yes and suitable for a wheelchair user.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marian

6 replies to this topic
Maidstone, United...
reviews: 32
1. Re: Advice Please

Last year I had a Holiday in Cala Bona Majorca Spain, the resort would suit wheel chair user's, but getting to the resort if you are a wheel chair user, would only be best done via taxi, as there's no way you could use the coach transfer.

The resort was lovely though, and I would go back again in the future, but we are in love with Tigaki at the moment, and are going back in 2014. To The Marriana Studios.

staffordshire
reviews: 28
2. Re: Advice Please

Hi marian we didnt go to tingaki this year its geting a bit to quite for us , but the last 7 years in aug / sep we go lefkas nidri and have booked for next year as well resort is very flat wheelchair friendly, beach near all apartments an adult resort but busy no english bars either and sime of the best views from beach in greece worth having a look. Karen

London
reviews: 17
3. Re: Advice Please

HI Karen

Nice to hear from you again.

I know exactly what you mean about Tinkagi. We have actually booked to go to Stalis in Crete next June, staying at the Rainbow Apartments. Have done quite a lot of research and touch wood, it seems to fit the bill. Thanks for your advice anyway.

Marian

Edited: 12:02 pm, December 04, 2013
staffordshire
4. Re: Advice Please

Hi marian we didnt go to tingaki this year its geting a bit to quite for us , but the last 7 years in aug / sep we go lefkas nidri and have booked for next year as well resort is very flat wheelchair friendly, beach near all apartments an adult resort but busy no english bars either and sime of the best views from beach in greece worth having a look. Karen

staffordshire
5. Re: Advice Please

No worries happy hols . We will go back to tingaki at sum point take care Karen

scotland
reviews: 3
6. Re: Advice Please

Hi Marian - was just going to reply and say to go to Stalis in Crete when I seen you had already booked. Went to Tingaki for about 6years in a row and loved it but needed a change, next year will be my 3rd visit to Stalis, great place, slightly larger than Tingaki and more beach fronted bars and restaurants and defo more lively without being over the top. My friends stayed at the Rainbow a couple of years ago and said it was lovely but defo worth booking a superior room. You do have to cross the 'main busy road' but its not that bad to be honest and a few minutes brings you to what I would class the start of Stalis and right at the beginning of the beach. Good choice after Tingaki I would say, I probably prefer Stalis to Tingaki tho not much in it.

Reply to: Advice Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations