We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

Which Tigaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 17
Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

I would very much like to vent my feelings (anger in a word).

We were contemplating going to the Socrates Studios in Tigaki during the last week in June. I have kept my eye on the price on and off since we returned from Kos last September. At that time the price for 2 self-catering was £600. I would never ever book that far in advance. I have just looked and found the price to be £808!!! Are Thompson having a laugh? That does not include inflight meals and whereas it was 20kg luggage you are now only getting 15kg. The price of £808 includes the extra 5kgs each. The Socrates is on a 2 star. When you add the cost of meals etc, I would say you are talking about approximately £1,400 for one weeks holiday for two.

Is it because they anticipate less people going away this year, that they are trying to rob the ones that do!!!!!

THOMSONS I HOPE THAT A REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR COMPANY READS THIS.

Marian

Edited: 10:14 am, March 02, 2010
London
31. Re: Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

joeintheuk

Read carefully, I said I do understand what is going on, not what has gone on.

I am sure you, and many others, realise that a holiday is one of the only things you pay for in advance and have never seen with your own eyes, unless of course you have been to same hotel etc before. I personally have no sympathy for the TO's that have gone out of business, just like they do not care when some of them bend the truth in their brochures etc and basically ignore you when you have a complaint and in my case have to go to litigation for this very reason and for not telling the truth when asked a straightforward question - not Thomsons I might add.

Marian

Edited: 12:56 pm, March 29, 2010
Malton North...
reviews: 1
32. Re: Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

We went to tigaki in august at a price of about £800 for two and had a great time.We booked about two months before we went.With some people in the same hotel booking last minute paying double that for the same deal.

I think maybe that thompsons resided themselves to the fact that they were unlikely to sell the holiday so if someone wants it they pay top money.It must be about who is most desperate,you to go or them to sell.

The apartment we wanted wasn't on the new brochure so we couldn't book for this year when it was it was about £3500 for me and the wife and three kids in two apartments.We shopped about and found just as good a hotel up the road(we looked around while there last year)For £2000 with all five in one apartment with cosmos.

So the point is walk away,Thompsons loss is someone elses gain.

Good hunting

Parky...

Oxford, UK
reviews: 1
33. Re: Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

All i would say is keeping searching, before you do clear all "cookiies"from previous searches.

I checked Thomson for 23rd June and came in at £616 including in flight meals and transfer at £20 each.

For my own try Olympic Agrotica, its 20 min walk away from Tingaki centre but lovely location, that came in at £530 for 1 bed apt for 26 June

Bob

London
34. Re: Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

Hi Bob

Thanks for your post. I too saw it for £600 last week, including transfers but no flight meals for the 23 June for £600.

Unfortunately, due to very important medical treatment I am starting next Monday, I am unable to book this at the moment and there is also that blessed ash cloud to think about. Oh well, that's life, but I will start looking again when I am able to go. Not a happy bunny.

Marian

Edited: 12:01 pm, May 12, 2010
35. Re: Thomsons - You are Definitely JOKING!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki