We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

Which Gili Trawangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

Hi,

What’s the safest way to get to Gili Trawangan from Bali.

I will be travelling to Gili Trawangan from Bali with my family in June 2012 I have 2 young children (4 years and 6 years). My wife is not a keen flyer especially smaller aircraft, it also seems the fight including transfer is not straightforward and can take 5+ hours. Reading the forums fast boat is a much quicker option but fast boats are not always recommended with young children.

I'm in a dilemma, boat or plane?

11. Re: Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, November 16, 2011
London, United...
reviews: 41
12. Re: Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

I have just come back from Bali and I took this new company called Wahana Gili Ocean which I will definitely recommend. Their advertised prices are Rp 660,000 one way from Bali with free pickups and drop offs in most touristy areas of Bali including Kuta. The vans were air conditioned and pretty prompt at 7.30 am. door to door journey with 1 1/2 transfer and 1 1/2 boat ride is not bad. I managed to haggle with one of the street dealers promoting the service for Rp 490,000 return down from Rp 1,320,000 it would have been otherwise. I believe this might have been because of the off peak season but then again worth haggling anytime to see the best deals. therefore I would recommend you do the same and arrange transport when you get to Bali. I did consider flying myslf and everybody recommended fast boat given the time it takes by flight. The boat was really good and comfortable but the only down side is that they have only one service a day each way. i.e. 9am departure from Padang Bai in Bali and 11am departure from Gili T to Padang Bai. the boat does make a stop at Lombok which is 10 mins from the Gili T stop. hope this helps.

Sanur, Indonesia
13. Re: Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

Better by boat. You can go by slow boat, but it take 4-5 hours and then you need to pass Lombok, which is take more 1-2 hours, and than you need to go by ferry to Gili`s which will take 30-45min.

We use speedboat service which was quiet cheap compare to another and speedboat was very big (around 60 pax), the way to Gili Trawangan takes about 1.5 hour.

We buy from the local guy which name was Didi, one way ticket cost 300 IDR, but for return he sell us 550 IDR per pax, transfer from and back to the hotel was including and tickets was with open dates, so we can come back when we want.

The number should be still in use +62 8561909887.

You also can ask them to bring tickets in your hotel, it will be complimentary.

Wish good trip to paradise :)

Regards

Visited August 2012

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
reviews: 34
14. Re: Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

I have a 6 year old. Personally I would not take him on one of the fast boat crossings. I use either the public slow ferry (I have no time restrictions) or fly.

15. Re: Getting to Gili Trawangan from Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan