We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learning to dive on Gili T advice

Which Gili Trawangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 7
Learning to dive on Gili T advice

My husband, 2 daughters and I are spending 5 nights on Gili T in early December. We are looking at learning to dive and would like to know some more details. Can anyone advise on costs and a good diving school? Also, how many days do learn to dive courses take? Thanks!

perth australia
reviews: 72
1. Re: Learning to dive on Gili T advice

I suggest manta dive. Used them three times and highly rate them. I already had my ticket before going so not sure of cost. But google them then email they are pretty prompt at replying.

Guessing it would be about 3-4 days to get qualified. Enjoy!

Bali, Indonesia
2. Re: Learning to dive on Gili T advice

In addition to Manta have a serious look at Villa Ombak Diving Academy. www.scubali.com or trawangan@scubali.com. Family friendly and professional. Also consider mode of transport. If using fastboat, go for the most professional company you can find. Crossing can be rough in December. try www.gilicat.com

Enjoy.

Java, Indonesia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Learning to dive on Gili T advice

Hi,

Me and the kids dived with the Villa Ombak Academy in 2007. The instructors were good

It looked more lux, but cost- wise was the same as everywhere else in the Gilis.

BTW, we stayed at Villa Ombak.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 3
4. Re: Learning to dive on Gili T advice

Hi

We recently stayed and dived there with Manta Dive (May 2011) and would highly recommend them, we are returning in Nov 2011 and again staying and diving with them. We already had out tickets but they were continually starting new courses while we were there.

5. Re: Learning to dive on Gili T advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan