We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same island two places

Which Agios Georgios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belgrade, Serbia
reviews: 23
Same island two places

There is a problem with Agios Georgios place. On Cofru island there is a two places with same name, and difference between them is more that 100km. Please can you separate this two places on Agios Georgios (North) and Agios Georgios (South)?

18 replies to this topic
manchester
reviews: 30
1. Re: Same island two places

Hi Gokule, Yes they are two separate resorts.

Agios Georgios North is absolutely stunning with a beautiful beach and some lovely taverna's, I think it is a quieter resort than Agios Georgios/Gordios South although I have never visited the south.

If you google the website of ' Agios Georgios North, bliss' then you can see a virtual tour, photo's, information etc on this resort. Hope that this helps.

Edited: 7:00 am, September 27, 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
2. Re: Same island two places

And problem on this site is that when you type this place you get a mixture of both place like that is same, but it's not! :)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 6
3. Re: Same island two places

GoKule,

You are right - it is a problem and one that happens on a lot of travel forums when people are trying to seek advice for one or the other Ag.G's!

This website is owned by a friend of mine who has been travelling to Agios Georgios North for many years....

http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Agios Georgios this property is owned by two friends of mine who are were born in the area and now have businesses there. http://www.villasporto.iowners.net/

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
4. Re: Same island two places

Update to my previous post:

I've contacted Trip Advisor suggesting they remove the Agios Georgios forum and replace it with two sub-forums one each for Agios Georgios North and Agios Georgios South.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 54
5. Re: Same island two places

Unfortunately this happens a lot in Greece - look how many Agios Nikolaos forums there are!

West Midlands, UK
6. Re: Same island two places

Arillas, I did the same years ago but my suggestion fell on deaf ears ! I even told them which hotels, restaurants etc were in each resort. The staff of TripAdvisor don't seem to care about the confusion that it causes to readers who don't realise that this web-site combines 2 totally different resorts about 50km apart !! So it is left to those of us who know, to put newcomers right with our comments.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
7. Re: Same island two places

Hi Loopi :)

Sounds as though my request will fall on deaf ears then :(

I'll post reply from TA when it arrives.

x

Belgrade, Serbia
8. Re: Same island two places

If they want to this page be among the best for travel better to them to have 100% accurate data.

Crewkerne, United...
reviews: 43
9. Re: Same island two places

I agree tripadvisor should have them listed as the two separate destinations that they are!!! ie agious georgious north and agios geordios south./.....I nearly booked the wrong resort based on this confusion. I must say I visited the north version and by the sounds of it I picked the better of the two. Better if you like more peace and quiet that is

West Midlands, UK
10. Re: Same island two places

Mitten, I think you meant to write 'Agios Georgios south' not 'Agios Geordios south' ! Agios Gordios is a separate resort on the west coast.

Reply to: Same island two places
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Georgios