We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Which Ibiza Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 18
Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Hello, can someone recommend more tranquil areas of Ibiza yet with great beaches? we are a couple in our 40's not looking for overcrowded, club sections. we prefer to still be near a town and very close to the water. thank you.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Santa Eulalia del Rio
reviews: 53
1. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Hi I would suggest here as a good choice for what you are looking for...located in a nature reserve and only 10mins from Ibiza and Playa Den Bossa. http://www.hostalsalinas.com/

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie

New York City, New...
2. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

thank you danny, this place looks great. it is slightly higher than we were hoping to spend but it may end up in this price range. any other beach towns that you can recommend?

Ibiza Town, Spain
3. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

santa eulalia gives you access to the north (its own beach) and a ton of beaches like aguas blancas, benirras, cala boix, etc, plus all the places like san carlos, santa gertrudis, san juan etc

lincoln
reviews: 25
4. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Santa Eulalia would meet your requirements, good beach, excellent restaurants and good links to other places by boats and bus.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Thank you all!

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Santa Eulalia del Rio
reviews: 53
6. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Sallinas is the best one on the Island but its not a town. Im not a fan of SE's beaches (its a good base) but further out along by Saragamassa and onto to Es Cana there are much better ones. The Portinax and San Joan area would have some beautiful calla beaches and San Juan, Santa Gertrudis, San Carlos are lovely authentic Ibiza towns. A car is essential to be able to get to and from some of the more hard to reach beaches. One of the advantages of hard to reach beaches is that they are not overcrowded with tourists. Also check out the May Y Sal across the road from BHS and a lot more friendlier in price. http://www.hostalmarysal.com/

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie

New York City, New...
7. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Thank you Danny. I had the same opinions of SE beaches from online photos/videos. We will rent a car so will research your recommendations now.

ibiza
reviews: 4
8. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

I'd second Danny's recommendation for Boutique Hostal Salinas - great location, great hotel, and not too far from the action.....

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 1
9. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

... In fact, the best places on the island is far from the city.

New York City, New...
10. Re: Ibiza for two weeks, travelling as a couple

Just returned from 16 days in Ibiza/Formentera. Enjoyed the 8-10 eastern beaches above Santa Eulalia the most and cala Salada in the West

Of the 18 beaches we visited on the two islands, i must say Salinas/Sa Trinxa were by far our least favorite. We found not one redeeming quality: we arrived early and took 20 min to park, the water was filthy with no sand when entering the water, only rocks/coral. Beach was severely crowded by noon. I guess there is a big bar scene later in the day, but we left after 37 minutes and gladly didnt find out.

Matter of taste i guess.