We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

les charmettes.

Which La Palmyre-Les Mathes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derby
reviews: 18
les charmettes.

Hi Folks,

does anyone no whether there is a bus or train service running from les charmettes campsite to town of la palmyre?

My family and i are going in august and would like any information

on getting around in that area,although we have the car and bikes,

we would still like to be able to visit the town and its many restaurants while able to enjoy the local wine!

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 66
1. Re: les charmettes.

Hi Buttercup,

Although I do not know the answer It look a little annoying that nobody could answer you. I, too, am in the same situation. Im staying in a similar campsite in a different direction and will have a car and some bikes but having a few glasses of wine of beer with my dinner in La Palmyre is a given.

The Internet does not give any answers from what I can see. I know there would be a bus going to and from Les Charmettes anyway because its on the main road but whether or not it would be going back that late would be another question.

I know there are taxi's in the area but I haven't be outside Paris in soo many years I dont know what they are like on price.

Sorry I cant help but I want to assure you although other people may not have asked they are probably sitting watching this topic.

Alan (going in late June)

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
reviews: 7
2. Re: les charmettes.

I live about an hour away from area from where les charmettes is situated, but I dont know the facilities well enough to help, that may be the case for other people reading this. I have in the past added information on bus lignes to other threads about Les Charmettes just to assist with the lack of information but I my area of expertise is La Rochelle. I know many tripadvisor posters visit this area, and will have experienced getting around by public transport, hopefully someone out there will have some knowledge they can pass on. Lets remember this is a forum, and people use their free time to contribute, and Im not even sure if there is a destination expert for the Royan area, maybe if more people contributed after their visits we wouldnt have this problem with a lack of response.

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 66
3. Re: les charmettes.

Well filou,

Unfortunately there is so little activity in these forums we cannot expect too many JBR's but it would be nice.

I remember when I was a DE for Orlando. The amount of traffic was incredible.

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
reviews: 7
4. Re: les charmettes.

totally agree, a lot of people have asked for advice on Les Charmettes in previous years, and you would think that those people are now in a position to would post valuable info reviews etc on here or even become the DE for that area. Orlando is an entirly different kettle of fish, I'd imagine it still has a huge amount of traffic and took up a lot of your time!

london
reviews: 12
5. Re: les charmettes.

Hi I am an owner at Les Charmettes and have been for a few years and know that there is a bus service in and out of La Palmyre, but do not knowthe latest time it runs. There is an English run taxi firm from Les Charmettes that you could try to use. I have never eaten out in La Pamyre and ridden home after a few vin blancs as it is a longish way and with children isnt recommended at night. We enjoy the site animation and find wnen the childrens club ends at 6pm and prate showtime is at 8pm we stay on site and bbq. Try to stop enroute and pick up provisions as it is much cheaper than the local supermarket, Royan or Rochefort have Leclercs.

Listen hope you have fun, takes your own bikes it is a lovey place, use the bouangerie in Les Mathes for bread, or in La Palmyre (Jany and Eriks) as better on site.

derby
6. Re: les charmettes.

thanks so much for your reply,its greatly recieved.

london
reviews: 12
7. Re: les charmettes.

the local bus company is cara bus try googling them!

Basingstoke
reviews: 28
8. Re: les charmettes.

I am just back from a 2 week holiday in La palmyre. I know the area pretty well, having been a frequent visitor over the past 25 years! We used to stay at Les Charmettes when the kids were young for the benefit of the on-site activities.

Forget about the bus. There are several routes running in the area serving the villages and Royan (7 miles away). The average frequency is twice a day! It may be better in high season but certainly not into the evenings. Your bikes are the best. There are dedicated cycle paths alongside the road into town, on both sides and separated from the road by a grass verge. Drink in moderation and cycle back.

Have a good holiday.

Ireland
9. Re: les charmettes.

Hi there. I have ben to Les Charmettes for the last 7 years. It is a fun place. There is a mini train that runs from the camp site , I think it starts in July. Certainly runs on market days, but i don't think it runs late in the evening, which is probably what you want. Taxi service available and reasonable.

derby
10. Re: les charmettes.

Many thanks to all of you,for your much welcomed info,on getting around in la palmyre.happy holidays to you all!!!

Get answers to your questions about La Palmyre-Les Mathes
More La Palmyre-Les Mathes Topics