We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moalboal February 2012

Which Moalboal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
reviews: 24
Moalboal February 2012

I am going to the PI this coming February. Most of my time will be divided between Luzon and Mindenau. I want to use a trip to Moalboal for diving and Mountain Biking as a "flex option" travelling betweed islands. A couple questions:

1. What is the travel time between Cebu City and the Moalboal region? I can find prices, but not travel time.

2. Can you show up without a reservation or make a reservation a day or two in advance? Since this is last minute I don't want to make long range plans.

Thanks for your help!

Butte
reviews: 35
1. Re: Moalboal February 2012

Will take you around 2 hours by taxi 2000 to 2500 php, or 3 hours by bus or V hire. The V hire is like being on an insane roller coaster on some of the mountain roads, kinda scary. You should be able to get a room at short notice, but some places fill up quick particularly the dive resorts. check out Marcosa cottages, Qou Vadis and Loves lodge which are all affiliated with dive centres. For mountain biking check out Planet action, next to Last Filling station restaurant, people say great things about these adventure tourism guys

Oslo
reviews: 109
2. Re: Moalboal February 2012

we paid P1500 plus P300 tip by taxi..time wise it was 2 yours...a few months ago, You can still get that rate by taxi just ask around...I suggest you book in advance as many do fill up, but on the other hand, there are many with rooms still available.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 23
3. Re: Moalboal February 2012

I went to Moalboal a few weeks ago to film Kawasan Falls and Mainit Springs. I picked up a friend in Carcar on the way.

The trip in a car from Downtown Cebu City to Car car was 55 minutes. The trip from Carcar to Moalboal was 55 minutes. The traffic was standard weekday traffic.

In Moalboal, my friend wanted to stay at his usual accommodation but it was full. Asking around, he easily found several other choices.

Regards: Jim

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 23
4. Re: Moalboal February 2012

Here is the video, if you are interested

youtube.com/user/jimsibbick#p/u/2/Fd95mzNYpZs

Regards: Jim

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 24
5. Re: Moalboal February 2012

Thank you all for your help, that gives me a rough idea for planning my trip.

stcollege,pa ;us
reviews: 11
6. Re: Moalboal February 2012

under 100 peso by bus from south cebu bus terminal and 2 + hours then 10 minute tricycle ride to beach town (Moaboal isn't on beach). No need reservation. Nice town. Good reef views under 100M from beach. White Beach is a " should see" and Kawasan Falls a "must see" ( go to top fall of the 4 tiers)

South of France
reviews: 6
7. Re: Moalboal February 2012

We will be going to Moalboal by bus from Cebu city and staying at the Quo Vadis hotel (which we understand is approx. a ten minute trike ride away) once we get off the bus.

Can anyone tell us, on arrival at Moalboal, will trikes be readily available and how much should we expect to pay?

Also is the bus stop we need at Moalboal obvious, or are there any land marks to watch out for.

Carcar
reviews: 8
8. Re: Moalboal February 2012

Locals pay 35 pesos per head for the ride bit they will ask you for more

I pay 100p just tell them thats what you will pay and you will find a driver.

the bus stops at the stop just ask the conductor for pangsama beach stop

there are always trikes waiting you will barely get of the bus and be surrounded most times

clare,ireland
9. Re: Moalboal February 2012

lee -isnt it a bit late -they were going last month

South of France
reviews: 6
10. Re: Moalboal February 2012

Nice to see you are on the ball claireisishman!!

We are home now, and had a great trip throughout, Moalboal was one of our favourites, due mainly to the snorkelling!! Quo Vadis is highly recommended!

The minimum we got asked for for a trike from Quo Vadis to Moalboal, was 50PHP, but they may ask for 100PHP. We normally paid 70PHP.

Cere non aircon bus to Moalboal from Cebu took 3 hours.