We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Newmarket, Canada
Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

Happy to answer any questions. Travelled with hubby and 12 year old daughter and met a lovely blended family with kids aged 11-15 whom we spent lots of time with.

Loved the food. Buffets were awesome. Not sure what people are complaining about. You have to be pretty picky not to enjoy the buffets at the Lindo. We actually skipped two a la carte reservations to hit the buffet because we enjoyed it so much.

Ask away. Hope I can help.

Carm

57 replies to this topic
Fond du Lac...
1. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

How was the water in front of the Lindo? Do you need water shoes because of rocks? So they have a workout out facility and/or yoga or classes on the beach? We are planning a trip for ourselves (47 year olds) along with 4 children 19-24. Is the entertainment team active here? Sorry for all of the questions. Thank you!

Newmarket, Canada
2. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

I'm happy to help.

You dont need water shoes. Beach is awesome.

There is a full gym there, plus tennis courts, plus water and beach aerobics and i do believe yoga too. The "Star Friends" are awesome and love to get you involved. There is always something going on. There is an activities board posted near the pool biffet that outlines what is happening and what time. There is archery, rifle shooting, water polo and water basketball ... Volleyball on the beach and hillarious pool gsmes like kayak racing and walking on the water carpet. They are so infectious - it's hard not to want to get involved - whether participating or cheering on the participants.

The Star Friends are a great group of kids (mid to late 20s) that work 14 hours a day to make your trip fun and memorable.

Have a great trip.

Fond du Lac...
3. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

Thanks for the info! Did you take a cab into Playa Del Carmen and if so how long of a drive is it. Along those lines, did you do any tours or activities off of the resort?

Newmarket, Canada
4. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

No problem!

There is a shuttle (collectivo) that leaves the lobby of the Lindo a couple of times a day to Playa. It costs $5 a person each way. The drive is approx half an hour.

We did the Xel-Ha trip and highly recommend it. People we met on the plane did Xplor and they loved it. You can search both here on trip advisor for reviews and photos. If you choose to do Xel-Ha, send me a private message and i can give you some tips.

Fond du Lac...
5. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

Awesome! Again thanks for the info! I wil be in touch!

Newburyport...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

We are heading down in a couple weeks so I'm thinking the volume of people would be similar to when you visited. Did you have to get to the pool or beach really early to get seats? There will be 6 of us.

If you took the shuttle to PDC, where is the drop off/pick up in PDC? We are taking the ferry Cozumel one day and were wondering how far we would have to walk to and from the dock.

Burlington, Ontario
reviews: 16
7. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

It used to be outside the Coco Bongo, not sure if it's moved.

Newburyport...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

Thanks James, If the drop off/pick up is still Coco Bongo then a cab may be better. Someone posted a pic of the taxi rates and I believe PDC for 5-8 people was 490 pesos.

Newmarket, Canada
9. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

Unfortunately, the pool chair and beach chair game is on in full force despite signs posted discouraging this behaviour. So frustrating. We had an early riser in our group who would reseve the chairs and we would fill said chairs immediately after breakfast. However, there were families who would move chairs around and reserve them by he pool at dawn then spend the day at the beach. Those of us who liked to be by the pool would get so mad. But there is really not much you can do unless you feel like arguing on your vacation.

We never had issues getting chairs - but since there were never any chairs in the shade at the beach - we spent little time there. The light breeze on the beach makes you forget how hot the sun is and you burn burn burn so easily without protection from a little shade. So sad since you pay so much to be near the ocean then don't get to enjoy it.

Rochester, New York
reviews: 2
10. Re: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)

I have one question about the bar and buffet, does lindo have freshly squeezed fruit/veggie juice/smoothie?

I will be happy with the buffet if they do!

Thanks a lot! Great to know you and your family have had a great time!

Reply to: Just returned from IP Lindo (March 4-11)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted