We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar grand occupancy

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
reviews: 11
iberostar grand occupancy

has anyone been lately? do they usually close restaurants/buffet if occupancy is low? We are going next week. I have been reading reviews stating the buffet was closed, which concerns me because if i can't get reservation times I want I would like to go to buffet.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 28
1. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

I don't have an answer to your question but am interested as we will be going next month.

But, on our past 3 trips i don't think the buffet for dinner has ever been closed completely. They have closed one a la carte restaurant each night and only had 3 open plus the buffet before.

If the buffet for dinner is closed, it would tell me the occupancy is really really low. The best thing to do is go to your building concierge and get them to help you find a reservation. You have your choice of the 4 Grand a la cartes, plus all of the restaurants at the other resorts.

Johnstown...
2. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

I have been there in early December when the dinner buffet was closed some nights due to low occupancy.

I agree that if the buffet is closed see if your concierge can get you in to one of the Grand's restaurants or one of the ones at the neighboring properties (presuming you have an interest in them, the Grand staff will shuttle you back and forth if you don't want to walk). The only other option is room service, which is very good.

nik

Dartmouth, Canada
reviews: 10
3. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

Is the buffet at the Maya the better one to choose in that instance? Or are they all pretty much the same at the other Ib properities?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 28
4. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

I don't know if I should answer this because I have never stayed at the Maya, but no I do not believe that the buffets are created equal and I would rather try to make a reservation at one of the Grand a la cartes if the buffet was closed before I would eat at the Maya buffet.

Johnstown...
5. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

I would pick one of the Maya or Lindo a la cartes over the buffet is possible. Maybe even one of the del mar or beach a la cartes. But as buffets go I don't think the maya has its own dinner buffet but shares the lindo's for dinner, unless they squeezed one in somewhere when they changed the sharing privileges. The lindo's is imo better than the dm/b buffets.

nik

Manchester
reviews: 16
6. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

We returned today and yes the buffet was closed 2/3 nights of our 14 night stay.

We were fortunate enough to get our a la carte reservations though but you will need to check when they are closed as we nearly came unstuck on one night as we were not aware having not made breakfast,

MR

Boston...
reviews: 11
7. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

did you make you reservations before you left by email, or when you arrived? do you have email address to make reservations ahead of time?

Edited: 10:51 pm, July 10, 2013
lancashire
reviews: 41
8. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

We made 4 reservations about ten days before we arrived then made the rest when we got to the Grand .

The email address is rpgrandparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

Manchester
reviews: 16
9. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

We did the same, 4 reservations on the email address given and the rest on arrival.

Very envious - wish we were going back.

ireland
reviews: 14
10. Re: iberostar grand occupancy

Hi.

As you mentioned room service, maybe you can tell me if room service is included in the all inclusive?

Many thanks.