We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The great reservation debate

Which Playa Paraiso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
reviews: 22
The great reservation debate

A common comment about the Grand is the need for/difficulty getting reservations.

Does it matter to you if you have to make reservations for dinner? for me, personally, it doesn't.

Did you have any trouble getting reservations at the Grand? If you did, was it in getting any reservations anywhere or getting into a specific restaurant at a specific time on a specific day. Personally, I have not. But I generally tend to say, this is the time range I like, the day and restaurant doesn't matter. But that's only been MO. I'd love to hear what others think, experience.

Calgary
reviews: 21
21. Re: The great reservation debate

We have been to the Grand 4 times and email for dinner reservations. We make reservations at 6:30 or 7:00 and have never had any issues. We went to Secrets the Vine in Dec they do not require reservations. Because we eat early we never had to wait for a table.

The Grand's reservation policy can be a huge pain for people who do not email or make reservations as soon as they check in.

I really do not have a strong preference, but probably slightly prefer no reservations.

New York City, New...
reviews: 8
22. Re: The great reservation debate

Actran, do you know when they are changing the menus?

Restaurant reservations or not, just give me sun, beach and warm weather. Anything other than the snow that's currently falling outside!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
reviews: 22
23. Re: The great reservation debate

I do not know when the menu changes will occur. Sorry.

They have already changed the way they prepare some dishes. The fettuccine in the Italian bears no resemblance to what it used to be.

Edited: 10:34 pm, February 22, 2013
24. Re: The great reservation debate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:30 pm, February 11, 2014
Columbia, SC
reviews: 6
25. Re: The great reservation debate

When we were there in November I asked Olivia why some things were no longer on the menu and why the emphasis had changed on some of the buffets. She told me that whenever they get a new head chef, he or she revamps the menu, makes changes, deletes and adds. I like that. That way we get to try new things. But I agree about the Gourmet, we have not gone to the Gourmet for the past 2 years because we were not impressed. I hope they will change the character of the restaurant. Upscale Mexican or Spanish, that would be nice. A nice paella or a meal with the mole or a nice redfish served Valencia style being the main course, yummy. But that will be a corporate decision, all the way from wherever Iberostar's corporate offices are.

lancashire
reviews: 36
26. Re: The great reservation debate

I must admit the gourmet is probably my least favorite, It would me nice to have an authentic Mexican or Spanish Al a carte.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 5
27. Re: The great reservation debate

Can you imagine what's its like on the other end receiving emails and keeping track of them all? That's a huge task. Reservations at IBGRH no biggie for us. This time we travel with kids so hope we get early seating. Agent books them for us. :)

28. Re: The great reservation debate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 26, 2014