We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I or shouldn't I ?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton
reviews: 5
Should I or shouldn't I ?

Help; I am getting worried about this hotel after the last few reviews. I don't like the look of the sunloungers anyway and now my worst fears are confirmed!! I always find that hotels that have wooden sun loungers are usually the best hotels. I may re book somewhere else now :(

Guelph, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

Which hotel?

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

If it's Dreams La Romana you're on about, then don't worry. Just come back and it's fab!

You're always gonna get the prats who "1 star" top resorts.

It also went up a place this morning to #3 !!

Edited: 5:01 am, August 07, 2013
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
reviews: 14
3. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

I am not sure what resort you are asking about, but if it is about Dreams La Romana, I just checked the last 25 (or so) reviews and most of them are excellent.

By the way, did you know that plastic loungers are easier to clean, the mould doesn't' get in, bugs or ants don't eat them, so they are more sanitary than wooden outdoor furniture ?

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 32
4. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

If it's wooden loungers you're after, then go Preferred Club at Dreams.

If it's plastic, then don't go Preferred Club at Dreams.

Simples :)

North Pole, New York
reviews: 88
5. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

Also don't put too much stock into very negative or even very positive reviews and try to get a feel from the more balanced. We've been using TA for years and have learned to ignore many reviews. Some are written by folks who did absolutely no research and was surprised with their experience, folks who expect royal pampering at a 3.5 star property and didn't get that, or folks who rate all of their experiences as over the top. Just sift through for the more balanced reviews from experienced travelers.

We've stayed at Dreams, Iberostar, and RIU AI's and so our expectations are based on that experience. Have you experienced various AI's so you have a feel for what to expect?

Winthrop, Maine
6. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

Hola: Everyone has their opinion, and everyone's opinion is not yours. You read all of the reviews, good and bad, and then make a decision if the resort is a place you want to go. As I stated elsewhere, we are going back to Dreams La Romana in November for our 6th time, 4th in-a-row!!!! We have no second thoughts at all about returning to this fabulous (in our opinion) resort!! I think you should continue on the plans that you had and definitely go to Dreams La Romana. You will not regret it.

Enjoy and have fun on your trip to DLR!!!!

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Pennsylvania
reviews: 7
7. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

What exactly is your question, I've just returned from Dreams La Romana, 3rd visit maybe I can help.

Jersey City, New...
reviews: 14
8. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

Why bother answering if she can't be bothered to name the resort?

Sheffield, United...
9. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

Hi , I think sunloungers would be the least of my worries , the recent reviews of dreams la romana are fantastic and all the stuff andy c posted on this forum must have put even the most worried persons mind at rest ??? I cant wait for November !

Stony Plain, Canada
10. Re: Should I or shouldn't I ?

Going to Dreams La Romana Nov 29-Dec 13 .....looking forward to it regardless of any negative reviews. Done a lot of research and found it is the best for us....key point.

In General: (any resort)

I have always found if people have a bad time and have been on Trip Adviser before they are the first to "vent" their bad times. Every body that has a great time doesn't always come back and write a great review. People at times tend to focus on the negative and not the positive, don't sweat the small stuff. That is my opinion and everyone knows everyone has an opinion.

I have even talked to people an resorts during their/our stay and found that some people can't seem to have a good time .....looking for something to pick at...... it will depend on each personal comparison of where people have stayed before or life experience and how they feel anything compares.... ...you can't compare the DR to anywhere else !

My Two Cents anyhow.