We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams la romana

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
maldives
Dreams la romana

Hi does any one know if the new road is open from airport to hotel to halve the transfer time also how long is the stop on the ba flight at Antigua on the way.also are there irons in the room thank you arriving on the 19th can't wait.

Avon, Connecticut
reviews: 8
1. Re: Dreams la romana

There are irons in the room but I don't know the answers to your other questions. Sorry!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 95
2. Re: Dreams la romana

Which airport? I heard the punta cana section opened this week and is now a 45 min drive. The sdq section is a long way off from finishing.

Acushnet, MA
reviews: 14
3. Re: Dreams la romana

We are flying into SDQ in October and heading to Bayahibe. We were hoping the new road would be completed as our trip last year to Bayahibe was quite long, though quite fascinating. Doesn't sound like it will be!!

London, United...
4. Re: Dreams la romana

Hi,

Can confirm that the road is open - we travelled back from DLR to Punta Cana airport yesterday on the new road. Journey time 45 mins.

Punta Cana...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Dreams la romana

Hay...............

New road opened last Thursday, 45 Minutes to Dreams LaRomana from PuntaCana Airport..........

Stop over in Antigua is for 1 hour, you stay on the plane dont worry it goes by so fast...........

Enjoy...................

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
6. Re: Dreams la romana

I just posted the pictures from the new highway, it takes about 35 - 40 minutes from PC airport to Bayahibe.

http://tinyurl.com/8q67ly4

Denise

Edited: 2:45 pm, August 13, 2012
Spruce Grove, Canada
reviews: 83
7. Re: Dreams la romana

Thanks Denise! That new bridge looks fantastic. I would not worry about flying into Punta Cana anymore.

Long Beach...
reviews: 9
8. Re: Dreams la romana

Awesome! We're renting a car from SDQ to Catalonia. Are directions pretty easy?

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 95
9. Re: Dreams la romana

Stasteek:

The road from SDQ is not finished yet! Only the road from La Romana to Punta Cana. It will STILL take 2 hrs from Santo Domingo.

Only 45 minutes from Punta Cana to La Romana.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
10. Re: Dreams la romana

Most of the drive from SDQ to Dominicus where Catalonia is is on the highway, only some sections are not completed. The drive is about an hour and half if you know the road, it might take longer then that.

There are more signs then in the past, so it's getting easier to move around, but not prefect yet :)

From Punta Cana airport it takes 35 minutes to Bayahibe / Dominicus.

Denise