We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet cafe at IHD?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cape cod...
reviews: 24
Internet cafe at IHD?

Has anyone who has stayed at IHD recently used internet cafe at IHD? We don't have a laptop and need to use it for correspondence. We will be there on Sunday, 2/1/09.

Oceangirl

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
reviews: 6
1. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

There is one at the hotel. Unless there is a problem, you should be able to get by without a laptop.

If you can't use the one at the hotel, there is an internet centre in Dominicus just beside the hotel.

Kaki

cape cod...
2. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

what is Dominicus?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
reviews: 6
3. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

It's the area you'll be visiting! The hotel is on the Dominicus Beach and the townsite that neighbours the hotel is called Dominicus. "Dominicus Americanus" actually. It allows one to describe the locations distinctly. Bayahibe is a 10 minute drive away and La Romana is 25 minutes away.

That's why it's called the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus.

Kaki

Santo Domingo...
reviews: 25
4. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

Dominicus is the name of that part of the Municipe of Bayahibe, including the beach.

"Dominicus Americanus" is the name that Wayne Fuller, owner of most of the land there, invented for his dream proyect at Dominicus.

A proyect than consists in delimitating and closing in all real state properties and Hotels, and making it a "town" of its own.

(And he is getting it! because even the water well in the area belongs to him!)

Oceangirl, the Internet cafe is working fine. You shouln't have any problems.

cape cod...
5. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

The internet did not work the entire time we were there, however, my husband was allowed to use their private internet for an urgent matter.

The IHD was fabulous! Great food and service and a lovely room!

Can't understand why I am here in the freezing cold...what happened????????? Is this a nightmare?

I got up this morning...no espresso, no eggs, no toast and worst of all, no Deivi serving it all to me! Something is wrong here!

Help! Send me back!

UK
reviews: 1
6. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

Hi So glad you had a good vacation

And we have no worries on going there

22nd Feb Thanks

Gill

cape cod...
7. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

Just PM'd you Gill...

xoxoxoxoxo

PS....got an extra ticket???????

Winnipeg
8. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

You think your in Deivi withdrawl, well I am too, and I do believe I am his Mama 1.

everyone should experience knowing our wonderful waiter and his very sweet Hendi, his wife.

Thanks oceangirl51 and hubby for a wonderful time.

Love From Winterpeg Canada

cape cod...
9. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

Winterpeg!

I am soo excited to "see" you!

Thank YOU and Ron for a great time and we hope to meet up again! Give Ron a pinch for me...heeee heeee!

Ray and I went to get some seaweed for my garden at the beach today and it was a whole lot chillier than Bayahibe!

Oceangirl

xoxoxoxoxo

10. Re: Internet cafe at IHD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 18, 2009