We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munchen Bike Rent Agency 2013, Horror Story

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Munchen Bike Rent Agency 2013, Horror Story

I had a very bad experience with this agency. I read a few negative reviews but it was already too late. Here is my story:

On August 6, 2013 I came to the agency “Munchen” in the town of Mykonos to rent a quad. The owner of the agency Ms Eugenia Asimomiti showed me the brochure with the price of 30 EUR per day and promised to make a 10% discount as I was going to rent a quad for 13 days. Ms Asimomiti told me that the total amount of the rent was 455 EUR for 13 days (from August 6 to August 19). I told Ms Asimomiti that in this case the price per day is 35 EUR but not 27 EUR as we agreed before. She said that additional amount is an insurance and she personally earns 27 EUR only. Then she gave me a bike rental contract to sign. On the back side of the contract are printed the terms and conditions that Ms Asimomiti did not show to me before the signing.

Ms Asimomiti wrote in the field of “Total amount” of the contract “130 EUR”, I insisted to indicate the full amount of 455 EUR that I paid and only after my comment she added “455” in the field of “Balance Due”. She gave me a receipt (sales slip) for 130 EUR and refused to gave me it for the whole amount. Next day, on August 7, I came to the Tourist Police office. Police officers called Ms Asimomiti and told me to come to the rent agency again to get the receipt for the rest of amount. I went there the same day and received the receipt for “missing” 325 EUR.

On August 9, my quad was stolen from the public parking near the Theoxenia Hotel in Mykonos town. Ms Asimomiti told me that they will search for it but she will not give me any replacement or money return as according to the Paragraph 11 of the contract “No money will be returned”. Next day I came to the Agency again but Ms Asimomiti and her colleague from FYR of Macedonia Mr Igor told me that they have not found the quad yet. The same day I went to the Tourist Police, they suggested me to go to next door to the usual (non tourist) police department. I spoke there to a Police Officer, he told me that police cannot help me with the money return and referred to the contract that I signed. He called Ms Asimomiti and told me to go to the agency once again. When I arrived to the agency on the same day in the evening they informed me that they found my stolen quad but money for 2 days rent they refused to return.

On August 12 I parked the quad on the private parking of “Munchen” agency and next morning the quad was stolen again. Ms Asimomiti and Mr. Igor said that they will search for it but neither replacement nor money return is possible. Next day I came to the agency and Mr Igor told me that they did not find the quad yet and that in case if they do not find it within next days I will need to pay 3000 EUR compensation. The same day I went again to the Tourist Police, they went with me to the agency, talked to Ms Asimomiti and gave me back my driver’s license but confirmed that money return is not possible and that I have to go to the court.

On August 16 I came to the police department with Greek friend who has a Greek lawyer and only after consultation with his lawyer the police agreed to write a report about the situation with the stolen quad. They also referred to the contract and confirmed that no money back is possible.

Afterwards my friend and me went to Ms Asimomiti and she agreed to give me money back but only if I sign the statement that I will pay 3000 EUR for the quad if it is not be found. My Greek friend called to his lawyer once again and he had a long conversation with Ms Asimomiti. After approximately 30 minutes of negotiations with the lawyer Ms Asimomiti agreed to return me money for 6 days minus 16% of tax.

I wrote to Greek Tourism organization and European Consumer Protection Center, but no news so far.

I f you want to enjoy your holidays just avoid this place.

1 reply
reviews: 78
1. Re: Munchen Bike Rent Agency 2013, Horror Story

Hi

Sorry to hear of your awful experience.

Given it is your only post I hope you take the time to also write of your positive experiences (if any) while travelling.

Meanwhile I shall notate not to use Munchen as I have read a warning about them elsewhere. We will be hiring a scooter or a quad while on Mykonos so will look for someone else more reputable.

Reply to: Munchen Bike Rent Agency 2013, Horror Story
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted