We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos View Hotel

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
reviews: 90
Mykonos View Hotel

Hi guys - am a bit of a Mykonos old hand but wanted some advice on the above. Traveling with a mate who loves her ridiculously high heels. Basically what's the walk like down to say the Leto? A bit constrained on price this time around otherwise I would use the Leto due to it being on the flat. Other suggestions welcomed (on the flat!).

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Mykonos View Hotel

It's a short walk from Mykonos View to the Leto ... 5 minutes perhaps. I just double-checked photos I've shot along the way from the hotel into Town. The road itself is smooth asphalt pavement; however, the road is sloped the entire distance with a thigh-burning incline most of the way. The route can be very busy with vehicular traffic, much of which is locals who tend to drive very fast even though the road is narrow and doubles as a pedestrian walkway. It's common for pedestrians to have to jump out of the way of oncoming traffic.

Getting onto that smooth asphalt surface from the Mykonos View requires walking down a fair number of steps and then across a cobblestone driveway that also is sloped. And from the Leto onwards into Town, the roads as you must know are cobblestone and flagstone.

I strongly urge you to advise your mate to leave the ridiculously high heels at home and take sensible footwear to Mykonos. A woman staying at the same hotel as us in May wore heels for a night on the Town, and while tipsy from a few drinks wiped out on the cobblestone and gave herself a serious head injury requiring her to spend the rest of the night and much of the next day in the Mykonos medical centre.

London, UK
2. Re: Mykonos View Hotel

Cheers for that. She wont leave the heels as I know from previous experience. I also have female friends who have injured themselves in the past in Mykonos due to footwear! That's why I'm actively trying to limit those opportunities. I need somewhere walkable to the front, flattish, not top dollar and with a pool because she won't get the bus to the beach! That being said she is lovely and great fun!

I'd try the Carbonaki or Eleni if they had pools....any other ideas?

London, UK
3. Re: Mykonos View Hotel

Thanks for your help Donny. Have put my foot down on the footwear front and gone with the above hotel.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
4. Re: Mykonos View Hotel

Only other hotels I can think of with pools are on the other side of the town close to the Fabrica bus station ... Rochari, Poseidon and Ilio Maris ... but they would each involve a farther walk, along more uneven surfaces with some slopes.

Best to play it safe and keep firm about the footwear regardless of where you stay, though!

5. Re: Mykonos View Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 07, 2014