We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Hire

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria, South...
Scooter Hire

Good day,

We will be in Mykonos Town from 4/6/13 to 7/6/13 and would like to rent 2 scooters for 1 or 2 days or maybe an ATV [Quad bike]. Should one book/reserve it in advance [although it is not high season yet?] or can we book when we arrive there? Any specific provider to recommend?

Thank you.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Scooter Hire

You can wait until you get to Mykonos. There are dozens of rental agencies in and around Mykonos Town that have lots of scooters and quads.

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 42
2. Re: Scooter Hire

Hi Gustav,

Check your travel insurance carefully. I do not knawout S.A. companies but in the UK most companies exclude use of mopeds, scooter and ATVs etc.

The ibsurance you get with the vehicle covers anything or anybody you hit and probably the vehicle you are driving. It does not include any medical treatment for you if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident.

Bob

Pretoria, South...
3. Re: Scooter Hire

Thank you for your speedy response and advice Donnyb, it is much appreciated.

We currently have to decide between Dina's Rooms, Vista Apartments and Morfoula's Studios [2 adults, budget accommodation]:

www.booking.com/hotel/gr/dina-s-rooms.en.html

booking.com/hotel/gr/vista-apartments.en.html

hotels.com/ho397374/…

All of them got reasonably good reviews on Tripadvisor [Dina's with no poor/terrible ratings and also the cheapest]. Could you maybe recommend any specific one - with regard to location and [sea]view?

Thank you so much.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
4. Re: Scooter Hire

I haven't yet stayed at any of the three places you're considering, and am only familiar with the location of Vista, since it's in the Tagoo area close to where I have stayed four times (and will be staying again next month). Very convenient location just a short walk to the Old Port and into the center of Mykonos Town; great sunset and sea views.

Dina's would be farthest away from town of the three places, and Morfoula next farthest. All still within reasonable walking distance of town.

For budget accomm's they all look good, and all would appear to offer good sea & sunset views (from at least somewhere on the hotel properties, if their website photos are accurate). Wish I could tell you more about how the specific locations compare for each of the three places, but since I have not walked in the vicinity of Dina's or Mourfoula, I can't give any more particular advice. Hopefully someone else on the forum who is familiar with them can chip in some information for you.

Pretoria, South...
5. Re: Scooter Hire

Thank you Donnyb, your reply still helped and is much appreciated.

6. Re: Scooter Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 24, 2014