We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation on Santorini

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Accommodation on Santorini

Hello,

My husband and I are Greek island virgins. We thought the most difficult part was deciding on the island but are now overwhelmed about where to stay! We would be very grateful for help from those in the know. We are going in mid-May and here are our stats:-

1) We want to stay EITHER in nice self-catering OR a nice (4/5 star hotel). I suppose we will be out for a lot of the day (or is this a type of holiday for hanging around the hotel?) so self-catering might be better??

We can get Andronis Suites for apx €1,300 for 5 nights but are slightly concerned that this type of accommodation on Santorini won't be worth it (because you are out all day), or won't live up to "luxury" expectation.

2) We need a private see view balcony. This is reason we chose Santorini and we can't see the point in going there without buying that view. But maybe that is not so important when you are there?

3) We are very fit and happy to walk everywhere and up and down steps etc. We are happy to get buses between towns. I don't see us hiring a car unless it is absolutely necessary.

4) We want to be able to swim but would choose a nice "rock" over a pool any day.

5) We would probably prefer to eat out, rather than in the hotel, on most nights. But simple food and a glass of wine will do us.

6) Oia / Fira / Firostefani / Imerovigli.....aggggghhhh???!!! We had this with Santorini / Mykonos/Folegandros/ Naxos etc. and can't any more sub-division of locations! Please tell us where to go :)

Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance for your help.

Twyning, United...
reviews: 72
1. Re: Accommodation on Santorini

You are on the Mykonos Forum!

2. Re: Accommodation on Santorini

Sorry! Just an example of my confusion re Greek islands. Re-posted in Santorini forum.

Shropshire
reviews: 142
3. Re: Accommodation on Santorini

You've got to love the Irish!

<*))))))><

4. Re: Accommodation on Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014