My husband and I are Greek island virgins. We thought the most difficult part was deciding on the island but are now overwhelmed about where to stay! We would be very grateful for help from those in the know. We are going in mid-May and here are our stats:-
1) We want to stay EITHER in nice self-catering OR a nice (4/5 star hotel). I suppose we will be out for a lot of the day (or is this a type of holiday for hanging around the hotel?) so self-catering might be better??
We can get Andronis Suites for apx €1,300 for 5 nights but are slightly concerned that this type of accommodation on Santorini won't be worth it (because you are out all day), or won't live up to "luxury" expectation.
2) We need a private see view balcony. This is reason we chose Santorini and we can't see the point in going there without buying that view. But maybe that is not so important when you are there?
3) We are very fit and happy to walk everywhere and up and down steps etc. We are happy to get buses between towns. I don't see us hiring a car unless it is absolutely necessary.
4) We want to be able to swim but would choose a nice "rock" over a pool any day.
5) We would probably prefer to eat out, rather than in the hotel, on most nights. But simple food and a glass of wine will do us.
Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance for your help.