We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quad bikes

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derbyshire
reviews: 40
quad bikes

hello

we are coming to mykonos in may thought we might try and hire a quad for a week thers are 3 of us 2 adults and a child are they good for the hill as our hotel is up there thanks for any advice

regs wendy

scotland
reviews: 5
1. Re: quad bikes

A quad will easily get up a hill but you will need 2 quads if there are 3 of you plus it will be a lot safer . We always hire a car but if you hire a couple of quads it will be fun but you must take care as the roads can be busy and dangerous if you dont pay attention. Helmet a must !!

derbyshire
2. Re: quad bikes

thanks for your feed back we were in skiathos last year and i thought i saw quads for 3 people howvever i may be wrong youve got me thinking now

thanks again wendy

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
3. Re: quad bikes

I've seen quads with two adults struggle on some of the hills, especially going up the steeper ones that lead to/from some of the beaches. At Super Paradise, there is a quad parking area about 3/4 of the way down the road because the bottom section is too steep for the vehicles to get back up. I have never rented one on Mykonos, but people at the hotel where I stayed last year said they found the quads OK for getting around but were quite slow when going up steeper hills.

Don't know if it's true, but I recall a former Mykonos destination expert saying the quads on the island have smaller motors than quads rented out at other places in Greece.

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 45
4. Re: quad bikes

Hi Wendy,

Please check your travel insurance as many will not cover you for quads and motorbikes.

The insurance you get with the vehicle covers damage to the quad and others you may hit. It does not cover medical expenses etc. if you come off the bike!!!

london
reviews: 6
5. Re: quad bikes

We have used a quad bike for the last few years in Mykonos. Providing you test it before you hire it should be OK for two adults ( certainly not 21/2). Some bikes are far less powerful than others. Super Paradise is the only beach where one person has to walk up the first. 300 yards then everything is OK. We have not found anyone to insure us to date!

derbyshire
6. Re: quad bikes

thanks

so its not possible to use one for 2 adults and a child then ?

might get a car then

cheers wendy

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 39
7. Re: quad bikes

How Much is it to rent A quad. On average per day? Many Thanks

london
reviews: 6
8. Re: quad bikes

A quad is about Euro 20 to 25 per day.

9. Re: quad bikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town