We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
reviews: 7
4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

Hi, we are a group of 4 gay guys visting Mykonos Town for a week from 4th June. How busy will it be at that time of year? With the few gay bars and club be open? Will it be reasonably warm and busy people wise?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

Should be a lively time for you to visit. We usually go in mid-to late-May and the weather has generally been sunny and warm and Mykonos Town has been buzzing as more and more tourists start arriving and more restaurants, bars & shops continue to open up for the summer. (Last May was an exception with fewer people and more cloud & rain than we've ever seen at that time, but the weather was better by June and the crowds picked up then, too.) Gay bars and clubs will be open including Porta, Jackie O and Babylon. You will have a great time.

London, England...
2. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

Thanks for the speedy response Donny. Was getting worried that early June might be a bit too cool and quiet, but sounds like it should be fine. Excited to be visiting for the 1st time this year!

One other quick question, we haven't booked the hotel yet. Are we better getting a hotel closer to the town (a few we like the look of are about 10 mins walk to the town) or to one of the beaches?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
3. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

I think somewhere in/near Town would be best. You can easily get to beaches from Town by taking local buses (and/or catching the shuttle boats at Platis Gialos to get to Super Paradise & Elia), but aside from a few restaurants at beaches like Platis Gialos and Ornos, there isn't much to see/do in those areas at night. And in the event some bad weather did roll in, at least in Town you would be just a short walk from shops, galleries & museums.

Though you could take buses to get into Town for dinners & nightlife, the last bus back to the beaches likely will depart around midnight, meaning you'd have to take taxis back to your beach hotel if you stay longer for late-night partying. Overall, I think a town location would be more convenient for that time of season. But if your #1 priority is relaxing on a beach, then I'd recommend a beach location.

London, England...
4. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

Donny, thanks again. Town it is!

london
reviews: 6
5. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

June should be fine although a little cooler than July/August . The gay bars will be open and really start to get lively around 11pm/midnight. Apart from those mentioned try Lola's which has a pre-dinner crowd.

As far as accommodation goes take a look at the Rochari hotel which is a 10 minute walk from the bars and is near to the buses for the beaches. They have a pool and 2 bars and although not a gay hotel it is very gay friendly and is 70 to 80% gay/lesbian .they have a website. My vote is stay in town.You will have a great time.

Moby

Athens, Greece
6. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

hello Jax,

Nice picture :-)

I'm Dimitris from instylevillas.

Fully agree with all above but i would like also to mention that i'm related with tourism and we use to say that the best period to visit Mykonos is early June and late August. During the first days of June greek students ;-) from universities visit mykonos and the island is wonderful.

Parties and lot of fun :-)

I'm sure you gonna have a great time.

7. Re: 4 Gay guys visting 1st week of June, will it be fairly busy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 16, 2014