We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 12
Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

We will be going back to Greece again this summer with my family. As soon as we land into ATH, headed straight to Mykonos for 6 days. We want to go back to Patmos, but besides flying back to ATH and taking a ferry from Pireas to Patmos, are there any ferries anyone kows that go direct to Patmos from Mykonos? I cannot find any info on this.

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
1. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

Hey and welcome nickolasNewYork:-) There are no direct ferries between those isles as far as I'm aware.. you can check and keep an eye out at www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ as time approaches.. chances are you'll need to make a ferry change.. or 2 possibly.. somewhere enroute;-) Hopefully someone who has done the run and/or is more in the know with that route will kick in here;-) Crossing isle groups can get complicated.. there is a connection that will get you to Samos from either Naxos or Paros.. there was also a time when it was serviced from Mykonos.. not sure on run but usually one of the Cycladic isles is serviced for the run to Samos in the Dodecanesse.. from there it's easy enough to get to Patmos;-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

There aren't any direct ferries from Mykonos to Patmos. You have to use the route from Syros, and in the hi-season from Mykonos to Samos(Vathy) and then from Samos(Pythagorion) to Patmos on either the Hydrofoil or the 'Nissos Kalimnos' ferry.

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

Litsa, thank you kindly for your input and for the ferry link. Retired_Hippy, thank you as well for your input and for the info you provided. From the aforementioned, there is definitely no direct route. My best option is flying back to Athens and then the ferry to Patmos.

Best Wishes to both of you on your travels.

Sincerely,

Nick.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
4. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

You're welcome Nick:-) Another option to consider to save you some time.. why not connect in Athens for a flight out to Leros?;-) You'll be at the airport anyway since you'll be arriving via air from Mykonos.. and Leros is close enough to Patmos to save you about an 8 hour ferry ride.. plus getting to Piraeus, etc.. check www.olympicair.com/ for the flight to Leros.. not as frequent as flights to/from Mykonos but you should be able to hook up without much issue since Mykonos/Athens is also serviced by www.aegeanair.com/ Keep us posted.. keep enJOYin'!

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

Litsa flying to Leros sounds good but I would probably have to stay for a day or so there until I find out the ferry schedule from Leros to Patmos. I'm considering staying a day in Athens on my return from Mykonos and then taking the ferry from Pireas to Patmos. As you are aware, the schedule for the summer ferries is not out yet. I wish it was to make my planning alot easier. Last summer, (2012) we went from Rhodes to Patmos with Blue Star -5hrs and Patmos to Pireas same ferry appx 8hrs -went bye quick.

Thanks again Litsa! :) I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Nick.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

Hello everyone. As far as I am aware, the blue star ferry schedule to the islands summer 2013 is out as of a few days ago. Although I have looked it over, I haven't booked anything yet. Start booking early, because when I booked last year blue star from island to inland the cabinets delux go fast.

Blue star ferry 1 and 2 is out. Happy planning everyone. Nick.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
7. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

Leros to Patmos is the same ferry and hydrofoil as from Samos with the addition of a Dodecanese Seaways catamaran. A possibilty, sure, along with say flying to Kos, but a bit more complicated than Samos.

Depends on where you want to stopover rather than anything else. Airport waiting rooms are perhaps the least attractive option.

8. Re: Does anyone know any direct route from Mykonos to Patmos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 22, 2014