We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Mykonos

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 1
Where to stay in Mykonos

I am wondering where to stay in Mykonos - travelling with 3 others girls, we will want to go out in the evening - love the occasional big/dancey night out but also would be happy with a bar where you can mingle that's not all trance/electronic music - are there all different types of bars around the island?

Any tips for best hotels near the bus stations that can get you around the island? Are taxis impossible to get hold of in June - can you pre book or is it always a queue system?

Budget wise looking to pay no more than £250 for 7 nights (budget!)

thanks

x

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Where to stay in Mykonos

Your budget is about €42 per night and I don't know of any hotels, studios or apartments available for that low a price in June. (I'm not saying there aren't any, just that I don't know any off the top of my head. Hopefully someone else who knows of a spot will see your post and respond)

You can check the Mykonos Accommodation Centre's website to see if you have luck finding something in your budget. Their website is: mykonos-accommodation.com/mykonos-accommodat…

If you're arriving on Mykonos by ferry, you'll be able to find budget-priced rooms from the locals who greet arriving passengers who are looking for on-the-spot accommodations.

There are different types of bars on Mykonos. Most are in Mykonos Town but there are bars at some beaches and their music varies. Paradise beach is where the main party scene happens and it's accessible by public bus.

Taxis are not impossible to get in June but even as with low season you might have to wait for a cab to arrive if you're calling one to your hotel or if you're at a beach area. Waiting times vary but I doubt you would have a horrendously long wait to get a taxi.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
reviews: 8
2. Re: Where to stay in Mykonos

If you want a really cheap hotel on Mykonos, try the Drafaki Hotel. www.drafaki.com. It's an old family-run hotel on the outskirts of Mykonos Town, but right outside the hotel is a bus stop on the route to Paradise Beach.

Edited: 7:54 am, January 23, 2013
Twyning, United...
reviews: 84
3. Re: Where to stay in Mykonos

Mykonos Town is where all the action is and you may get cheap apartments there if you search the net. The beaches are all out of town and you get there either by bus or by water taxi.

Mykonos is an expensive island - the tavernas in town charge top rates for food, the bars are "trendy" with "trendy" prices. You can buy snack food from outlets (kebabs, crepes, etc). but it is difficult to do Mykonos on the cheap. There are a few locals bars which you could chance if you feel up for it! My recommendation is save up more spending money than you think you will need!

For budget accommodation, look at Flora, Dinas Rooms, Akrotiraki Hotel, but these are really budget accommodation in town...

london
reviews: 1
4. Re: Where to stay in Mykonos

thanks all, sorry I should have been more clear I meant £250 per person, we ended up booking aeolos hotel, reviews are great so fingers crossed it is nice! Glad there is a good mix of night-life - can't wait now! Any recommendations on bars and restaurants gratefully received!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
5. Re: Where to stay in Mykonos

Lots of restaurant and bar info at this link from the "Top Questions about Mykonos" box on the Mykonos forum page: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189430-i401-k5465…

6. Re: Where to stay in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014