We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos Grand

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HOBOKEN
reviews: 25
Mykonos Grand

Traveling June 9th- June 15th. Would love recommendations for dinner and day trips outside of the resort. Traveling for our first wedding anniversary. We are in our mid 20s and looking for a relaxing yet cultural journey. Are the shuttles from the resort reliable in the evening? Do they have these running during the day? How are taxi services. Appreciate any advice/recommendations.

Thanks!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Mykonos Grand

A day trip that would satisfy the cultural component of your Mykonos holiday would be a visit to nearby Delos island, to view the historic ruins and see the archaeological museum. Boats to Delos leave from a quay in the harbour at Mykonos Town at three different times in the morning, returning between noon and 3 pm (leaving you plenty of time to explore Mykonos Town).

There is a huge array of dining options on Mykonos. See this thread for some information about what's there: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189430-i401-k5465…

In Mykonos Town, restaurants you might enjoy include Avra, Bakalo, Catari, Interni, Roca Cookery, To Ma'Ereio, Fato a mano, and Uno Con Carne, to name just a few. Right at Agios Ioannis, a short walk from the hotel, check out Hippie Fish and Pyli .

Can't advise about the hotel shuttles, but can tell you there is regular bus service between Mykonos Town and Agios Ioannis. At the time of season you're travelling, taxis shouldn't be too difficult to obtain. The bus and taxi rides to/from Town will be short -- 10to 15 mins. for the bus and less for the cab.

Your hotel is reasonable walking distance from Ornos beach, where you'll find a good selection of restaurants and bars along the beach.

I'm sure the staff at the Grand will be able to give you good recommendations on things to see and do ... they are renowned for their excellent customer service.

HOBOKEN
reviews: 25
2. Re: Mykonos Grand

Thank you so much this is very helpful.

Twyning, United...
reviews: 75
3. Re: Mykonos Grand

For a long lazy lunch try the second "town" on Mykonos, Ano Mera. It is the closest to an authetic town on the island, particulalry at the square. The tavern at the western side of the square has an amazing "hall" inside, and serves great food which is all on show. The monestary is also just next door. For another experience, head north to Panormous. Drive on past the main beach to Agios Sostis where there is a cute church and a fab taverna built around a cypress tree overlookng the sea. This is where the locals go.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
4. Re: Mykonos Grand

The taverna at Agios Sostis is called Kikis, and it's enormously popular with tourists, too -- in fact, it's ranked #9 out of 194 restaurants on the TripAdvisor Mykonos restaurant listing. I was one of only a few people at my hotel in May who did not go there during my visit (some went at least twice). Everybody rated it as one of their favourite dining experiences on Mykonos.

5. Re: Mykonos Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 26, 2014