We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos Hotel Advice

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
32 reviews
Mykonos Hotel Advice

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Mykonos for 2 nights at the end of August. I had planned on staying at Hotel Tagoo, however just noticed that they require a 4 night minimum during the months of July and August.

I'm not set on where to stay in Mykonos-- assumed being near the town would be nice for late night strolls/dinner and that we could take a bus to a nicer beach during the day. Budget would be E 100/night approx. We are a fit couple in our 30's so walking a bit into town isn't an issue.

Wondering if anyone could suggest something similar to Hotel Tagoo?

scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Mykonos Hotel Advice

Try Poseidon . We have stayed there lots and love it . On outskirts of town and 500 mtrs from bus stop. Great pool area and right next sea . All levels of rooms. You are going in one of the dearest times so it wont be cheap !

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: Mykonos Hotel Advice

Also Kouros which is nearer to town but close to Tagoo. If you fancy splashing out, try Cavo Tagoo.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Mykonos Hotel Advice

How flexible is your budget? I highly doubt you could find a Mykonos Town hotel with swimming pool for that price in August; if you could, it probably would require a 3 night minimum stay. Madalena Hotel has special rate availability for €112, but most decent hotels will cost you upwards of €150 per night (if you can find an Internet discount for direct booking on the hotel's own website) and many are well more than double and triple your budget. Kouros and Cavo Tagoo are well beyond your budget.

I suggest checking out Makis Place, which is situated near the new port at Tourlos. Their rates fall within your budget, and I have heard excellent feedback about the hotel from people who have stayed there multiple times. It's within reasonable walking distance of Mykonos Town, but there is a good taverna on site as well as excellent Mathew Taverna just a stone's throw away if you wanted to have dinner closer to your hotel and avoid walking the busy and narrow main road after dark. (A taxi ride either/both ways is always an option, though, and isn't expensive -- though taxis can be difficult to obtain during August.) Makis Place also is only a 15-minute walk from Agios Stefanos beach.

Edited: 7:19 pm, January 03, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Mykonos Hotel Advice

Thanks for the information! Budget is flexible, but was hoping to stay closer to the E 100/night (v.s. E 150). I'll check out Makis Place and Madelena.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Mykonos Hotel Advice

I'm leaning towards booking Madelena. If I book on Venere I can get the same discount rate of E 112/night (but with a cancellation option). I've never booked on a third party website like Venere before- any advice or opinions of why I should not take advantage of Venere's free cancellation?

6. Re: Mykonos Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town