We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 14
Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to rent bicycles in Mykonos? Have been looking on the web but it seems only quads and moped bikes are available? We are staying 1.5 km outside Mykonos so thought that bicycles would be the perfect mode of transport? Thank you!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Sorry, but there are no bikes available for rent on the island.

There are a lot of hills on Mykonos, many of which are quite steep, and that's likely the reason visitors don't have much interest in cycling on the island -- they'd rather relax on a beach than take gruelling bikerides in the blazing sunshine!

London, United...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Oh dear! Thank you donnyb, perhaps a little moped is better!

Mason City, Iowa
reviews: 101
3. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

I just walked by a place today, across from the Starbucks that had bicycles for rent.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
4. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Must be new this season ... did not see it in May.

Did you happen to notice what the rental prices were?

Mason City, Iowa
5. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Okay, went by the rental place. It had "Boat Tickets" on the sign and below that (among others) was bicycle rentals. I went in and asked the cost and it was 10 Euros per day, per bike. This seemed a bit steep as moto-scooters at my hotel, Rochari, are 10 Euros as well with ATV's for 15 Euros per day. We've been taking advantage of the great and I crowded bus service. Today we took the bus to Paradice Beach (1.60 each) walked along the coast to Playis Gialos (not far at all), had tzikki and white wine, and took the bus back to Mykonos town (1.60 each).

Mason City, Iowa
6. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Okay, went by the rental place. It had "Boat Tickets" on the sign and below that (among others) was bicycle rentals. I went in and asked the cost and it was 10 Euros per day, per bike. This seemed a bit steep as moto-scooters at my hotel, Rochari, are 10 Euros as well with ATV's for 15 Euros per day. We've been taking advantage of the great and Uncrowded bus service. Today we took the bus to Paradice Beach (1.60 each) walked along the coast to Playis Gialos (not far at all), had tzikki and white wine, and took the bus back to Mykonos town (1.60 each). The location of the bicycle rental is across from Starbucks, but closer down to the roundabout.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
7. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

Thanks for the info about the bike rental location. I walked past that area in May and didn't see any signs or bikes, so the place must not have been open at the time. I'll look for it next trip because I would definitely rent one if they're open.

10 Euros is on par with what I've had to pay to rent mountain bikes on other islands (including Paros in May) and it's a fair price if the bikes are quality models and well-maintained (which wasn't the case on Milos five years ago when we got totally crap bikes for 4 Euros per day).

8. Re: Bicycle hire in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, December 13, 2013