We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place for lunch?

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 20
good place for lunch?

Yippee, we are leaving for Greece a week from today and will be spending 10 nights in Naxos and 4 nights in Santorini.

While in Naxos, we are thinking of doing the Delos/Mykonos excursion. Can anyone recommend a nice place for lunch in Mykonos? Not looking for fancy, but more authentic taverna ~ maybe 30/40 euros for 2? It would have to be walking distance from where the boat will drop us off and pick us up.

If anyone has any suggestions for things we should not miss during our few hours there, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Jo

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: good place for lunch?

Maria's traditional Myconian restaurant is an authentic family taverna in a very pleasant courtyard right behind the Hondos Center, which is a white building you will pass while walking from the harbour into the center of Mykonos Town along the stone pathway next to the little beach. Very good and reasonably priced food.

If you would prefer to dine at a busier location, Antonini at Taxi Square is a great people watching spot with good service and reliable food.Between the two, though, I think Maria's is a better choice.

I wrote about Maria's and posted a pic of the taverna in my travel blog: mygreecetravelblog.com/2012/…

There are more pics of Maria's starting on page 11 of the online photo album at this link: travel.webshots.com/album/582923605GMkajR…

That album includes photos of dozens more restaurants in Mykonos, so you might see something else that captures your interest.

Tip: Avoid restaurants along the harbourside and at Little Venice. They're OK for a drink with a view, but aren't renowned for good food.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 20
2. Re: good place for lunch?

Thanks so much, Donny! You've given me lots to choose from and Maria's does sound like what we are looking for. Great pictures too!

Can't wait to be back in Greece next week.

Jo

3. Re: good place for lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 09, 2013