We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

hi

we are thinking of booking and would like an idea of drinks prices ie a pint of lager and a spirt/mixer and a main course meal (not bothered about starters/deserts)

thanks

Michael and Jane

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 18
1. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

Some typical prices in May were €4 for the beer and €7 and up for spirits with mix. Can't give you a typical price for a main course or even a meal because there are dozens upon dozens of restaurants on Mykonos with menu items ranging from cheap gyros to ultra-expensive cuisine by internationally-recognized chefs, and everything in between.

Lots of Mykonos restaurant information at this link: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189430-i401-k5465…

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

Hi,

500 g/ml of lager around 4-8 Euros. Be careful, many places supply the smaller 375 g/ml bottles or 400 g/ml glasses un-stated in price lists.

Meat dish maybe around the 8-10 € mark, again look at prices carefully. The proportion of pricey places is high.

3. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

Alcohol is very expensive no way round it I'm afraid.but your in mykonos not benidorm

UK
reviews: 2
4. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

I've just returned from my first visit to Mykonos and, depsite the horror stories I'd read beforehand, I didn't find the prices for drinks anywhere near as bad as what I had expected.

Skandinavian Bar was €5 for a large (500ml) Mythos, so about £4. I'd expect to pay that back home in the UK in a city centre bar/club. Places along the harbour were around the same - €4 to €5 for a 'large' beer. As previously mentioned, check the menu when ordering and ensure you are not getting the smaller 330ml bottles.

Spirits with mixer were around €7-€8 in the town centre, with cocktails ranging from €8-€12 depending on where you drank them (eg, a cocktail at Katerinas with a glorious view over Little Venice/the ocean was €10). Basically, think London/UK city centre prices.

I think the horror stories that you hear of €10 beers and €20 cocktails come from the 'super clubs' near Paradise/Super Paradise beach. We didn't visit either so I can't comment.

Halifax, England
5. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

As James says you can drink and eat in Mykonos for the same price (or even less) as you would expect to pay in a city centre in England. All restaurants display their menu so you can shop around a bit. Me and my 2 daughters were there in June this year and we would totally recommend Marco Polo - it was in a really pretty setting in the centre of town, we had a mix of stuff - salad, dolmades, mousaka & souvlaki, plus a litre of retsina (half of which was free for a reason we didn't fully understand!) and the bill came to 40 euros! Mykonos is a totally magical place where you can spend as little or as much as your budget allows. Enjoy!!

London, United...
reviews: 132
6. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

Hi Michael and Jane,

I'm just back from Mykonos and as donnyb says - prices vary.

We ate in a variety of Restaurants, everything from higher end (Avra Garden in Mykonos town) to typical Taverna (Lefteris in Ornos.)

My advice is to stick to the more traditional basic type establishments Like Lefteris if your'e on a budget or you just want to avoid paying over the odds. In my opinion wherever you eat - the food in Mykonos overall is pretty average in quality, so it's easy to end up paying a premium purely for the ambience/location/design.

If you both like wine - many of the Taverna type places serve house wine in Litre jugs for an average of 8 - 10 euros, and its surprisingly good.

Joanna's Nikos place at Megali ammos beach, just outside the town is very reasonably priced and the food is good too, beautiful sunsets from there and sometimes they have live music (but it is very popular so you'll need to book)

7. Re: Mykonos Town food and alcohol prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 14, 2013