We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Hi,

I know this is a topic that has been discussed every year (almost) and on which Heimdall and few others had given detailed explanations. I have read all of the replies and responses.

So far the plan is I travel from Mykonos to Santorini on 20th April which is a Saturday. We have booked hotels at both ends and they are non-refundable :( So the plan is that we travel on the 20th. I saw that there is a more scenic route via Paros, and if so, do you guys think it would be available for me?

I tried Olympic/Aegean and the other budget airline as options (more like predictions based on the rates given uptill march 2013).

It looks like the only option is for me to fly via Athens or pray that a ferry turns up. http://www.ferries.gr/hfd/ says that in 2012 there was no ferry on Saturday.

As indicated by some others, if the ferry starts about 9 days before Greek Easter, then I'm screwed cos Easter in 2013 is on 5th May. :(

coming from Sri Lanka, in all probability we will be spending a small fortune (after conversion to local currency) on this trip, and since its a kind of a special trip for us, I just want it to go without any hitch.

Any advise, (other than telling me to be calm and that everything will be ok) is more than welcome. and thanks in advance :)

cheers

Taipei, Taiwan
11. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

I had email to SeaJets

And got reply that there's no ships sailing from Mykonos to Santorini before Apr/30.

The flights is the only chance for me.

sad..............

Mumbai, India
12. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Hi All,

Same here ... Pfff ....

Visiting Turkey in early April (12th) and planning IST-Izmir_Kusadasi-Samos-Mykonos- Santorini and couldnt find too many ferry schedules from Kusadasi-Samos-MYK-Sant!

I am traveling with a 3 year old child so dont want too many surprises :-(

Waiting to see flight deals ...

Thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
13. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

For Kusadasi - Samos ferries check this website:

http://www.feribot.net/feribot/?lang=en

It is unlikely ferries from Samos stop at Mykonos in early April. You would need to go to Syros and then change to a ferry to Mykonos. Santorini from Mykonos will be a challenge too, as you will need to go back to Syros to get a ferry to Santorini.

You can check timetables on www.gtp.gr or www.openseas.gr but bear in mind that not all April timetables are available yet. You may need to wait until sometime in March. You can check connections for current dates - April will not be very much different in terms of ferry times and frequency, or use the backtracking facility on the openseas website.

Given the amount of time you would need to spend on ferries, flying is very good idea.

Edited: 5:28 am, February 09, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 4
14. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Just opened another conversation and saw this one. I am travelling on May 3, same route. Does the lack of a schedule have to do with Greek Easter?

Edited: 8:28 pm, February 10, 2013
15. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Sammy,

my travel date is 20th April, and I can't seem to find a ferry from Mykonos to Thira, or to Naxos or Paros for that matter. :(

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
16. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Hellenic Seaways are still to release their Flyingcat schedules but they are not very likely to start that early. It is either a flight via Athens or ferry connection via Syros. It is not possible, however, without an overnight stay in Syros, and some 9 hours on the ferry. Also, you have to be flexible about your date, ferries from Syros to Santorini do not run every day but you may find one going to Paros/Naxos in the morning from where you can get a daily ferry to Santorini.

These are the joys of travelling off season and away from main routes, I'm afraid.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
17. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

I forgot one more option - from Mykonos to Syros to Paros or Naxos with overnight in Paros or Naxos. I described it here (do not be put off by the Spanish beginning). Just run the search for your dates in April, instead of March

tripadvisor.com/…47174809

Edited: 4:43 am, February 15, 2013
18. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

well, as of now, direct ferries between mykonos and Santorini start on 24th April. that's 4 days too late for me. :(

and there seems to be an issue with aegean airways website. somehow I can't seem to log on to it.

So it seems that my only option is to travel via Syros with an overnight stay in Syros or travel all the way back to Piraeus and catch the next morning's ferry to Santorini.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
19. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

You almost make it sound like the end of the world which Syros definitely is not. You should actually be grateful that the fate made you take a detour from the boring Mykonos-Santorini route. Ermopoulis is pretty spectacular so make the most of your stay there - climb to Ano Syros while it is still light for the best views.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
20. Re: Mykonos to Santorini in April 2013

Indeed! When you get to off-season Mykonos, you may wish you had stayed on Syros. ;-)