We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 107
Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Any good restaurant to find these?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 19
1. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

They're on the menu at Bakalo. Haven't dined at the restaurant yet myself, but based on the extensive feedback I heard about its cuisine when I was in Mykonos last month, I'd be willing to bet Bakalo's stuffed vine leaves are among the best you could get in town.

Dearborn, Michigan
2. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Thanks...Any idea where it is? Map isn't helPing?

ESSEX
reviews: 34
3. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

www.bakalo.gr

Their website has location details...

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
4. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Near the Lakka area of Mykonos Town, along a road that leads to the Fabrica bus station. It's across the road from the Sale e Pepe restaurant, and just a door or two over from a corner yogurt shop called YogArt.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
reviews: 3
5. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

They're on the menu at every taverna/restaurant in Greece!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
6. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

True, they're a popular taverna menu item, as GreecemadUK points out ... but many tavernas make up a big batch and keep them in the fridge, so when they're served to customers they are cold. And cold vine leaves just don't have much flavour at all, in my opinion. Plus they can be chewy. But if you get them served room temperature, the taste is wonderful and they practically melt in your mouth!

By the way, Avra is one of the restaurants that does serve their vine leaves at room temperature -- theirs are rolled fresh daily, and served with an egg & lemon sauce.

Mykonos Town, Greece
reviews: 9
7. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Unfortunately there is also a lot of restaurants and tavernas that dont even make them themselves but use the ones from a tin.

Never had the vine leaves in Bakalo but love their food so I think you should give them a go.

Piraeus, Greece
8. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Come to my House!!!! My Grandmother will make you some real stuffed vine leaves :) I believe to eat real greek food, you have to eat it from the source..Greek GRANDMOTHER!!

Dearborn, Michigan
9. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

Never was ab le to find good ones in mykonos... but i made them when i got home and they were great. wish i was back in greece.

10. Re: Stuffed vine leaves in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town