We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

Hi everyone, we are visiting Mykonos in May. I am trying to decide between the Hermes, Vencia, Andronikos, and Mykonos Bay. Is Vencia worth the extra money? If not, out of the other 3 hotels which is best?

Thanks so much for your help, I'm tired of looking and really some assistance.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

'I'm tired of looking'

It's Mykonos Bay then. You sure will get tired walking from Andronikos into town. Somewhat less tired from the Vencia/Hermes.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
reviews: 65
2. Re: Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

I always stay at Mykonos Bay! I have going to Mykonos pretty much yearly for decades. the hotel is simple, well equipped with a great staff and breakfast..It is an easy walk of about 5 to 7 minutes to town, on a small crescent of sandy beach, with a huge salt water pool...location, cleanliness and a water/bay/town view on your balcony should make up for the simpleness of the hotel..think white cubes with grey marble floors...wonderful accommodating staff and great owner. Have fun! ( you won't be in your room much!)

United States
3. Re: Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

My husband shot the Mykonos Bay Hotel because he like the Hermes more. So now we are deciding between the Vencia and Hermes. Has anyone stayed at one or both these? Is the Vencia worth double the price of the Hermes?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 10
4. Re: Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

Hi there, I'm travelling to Mykonos next month and was wondering where did you end up staying... I'm considering Hermes as well, but read the hike up to the hotel can be quite tiring. Do tell me about your stay in Mykonos!

Cheers.

Newport Beach...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

I thought it was funny that the 2 posters both picked The Mykonos Bay and they both have over a 1000 post which in my opinion makes them pretty much experts on giving advice and it was a choice that was requested and then changed and over looked.

With that said I have been on the island for 10 days now and drive by the Mykonos Bay pretty much every day as I love Ornos Beach and it is on the way from the hotel I stay, The Alkyon Hotel. The Alkyon Hotel by the way is right across the street from the Hermes and my room overlooks the Hermes pool along with the Alkyon pool the best view to watch a sunset from my patio or room. I have not stayed at the Hermes in my last 2 trips but I can say that the Alkyon has the same view, same walk and offers excellent service, breakfast and nice rooms with most over looking the town, Sea and sunset directly from your room.

The last 10 days have had a very strong N. wind, except for one day, which the Mykonos Bay hotel looks upon so the beach itself can be windy with constant waves. With that said it is right on the beach and has a nice pool with clear glass windows to look at the sea and they block the wind. It is an easy somewhat flat walk into town and close. It dose not have a direct view of the sunset as there is a peninsula across from it but if you are the type to get into town then there is your perfect sunset view.

The walk to the Hermes and Alkyon from town takes about 10 minutes and it is a hill so the ones that tire easily may not like it but it really is not a bad walk. I see countless people do it every day. I have a scooter so I by pass all that but it seems to be fine with many.

Since I have not stayed at Hermes I will not say anything bad about it but if you can get a room at the Alkyon with sea view for less I would suggest that. Just my opinion.

6. Re: Vencia, Hermes, Andronikos or Mykonos Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 17, 2013