We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

I am visiting Mykonos with my family in July. We are only there for three days and would like to take a day trip to Santorini. Has anyone done this? Do you know what boat/high speed catamaran service has a morning service with a late afternoon/early evening return trip?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
1. Re: Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

In terms of day trips there is no connection that will allow you to spend more than 4 hours on Santorini. I believe the only direct service is Hellenic Seaways Flying Cat3 that leaves Mykonos Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu-Sat at 9:50 arrives at Santorini at 12:20 and goes back to Mykonos at 16:20 (2011 summer schedule). You will not be able to visit much in such a short time. There may be some connections via other islands (Paros, Naxos etc) but changing ferries will only add to the travel time and anyway it is difficult to say what they might be as summer timetables mostly have not been released yet.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 34
2. Re: Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

Hi there,

depending on season and day (weekday or weekend) the schedule varies.As further as we go in July more itineraries are added.Besides the flying cat there is also the super jet that goes from Mykonos to Santorini.On weekends thay usually do double trips.Your best otpion would be to look up what choices you have when you arrive in Mykonos on you first day at one of the local travel agencies.

Cheers

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
3. Re: Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

SeaJet goes form Mykonos to Santorini but for a day trip it is useless as it departs from Mykonos around 2pm and does not return to Mykonos on the same day.

Edited: 7:40 am, February 01, 2012
New York, New York...
4. Re: Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

Michele T., I'm going to be in Mykonos for 5 days in September, and was thinking about taking a day trip to Santorini as well. Please let me know if you find out anything. Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 19
5. Re: Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

A day trip to Santorini really isn't practical; if it could be done, you would probably spend more time in transit than on Santorini. Keep in mind that the 4-hour time period that might be available will include the time to get from the Santorini ferry port up to Fira, and of course back to the port for the return trip. Travelling to and from the port will eat up a good chunk of available time. You would wind up with substantially less time on Santorini than cruise ship passengers typically get to experience -- and Santorini deserves much more than just a couple of hours.

If you really must visit another island, take an excursion to Delos or do a daytrip to Tinos, which is only a short ferry ride from Mykonos

6. Re: Day Trip from Mykonos to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2014