We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gay life in mykonos in september

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
reviews: 36
gay life in mykonos in september

Hi,

I am undecided whether to travel to mykonos between the 14th to 18th september or 21st to 25th september. How is the gay nightlife on those dates usually? Does it get too quiet in september?

Thanks,

Paul

Mykonos Town, Greece
reviews: 13
1. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

Try to go between 14th and 18th of September rather than later. It will still be busy then. Early September is actually a very nice time to come to Mykonos. Many regular gay visitors come to Mykonos at that time so its a very friendly time. If you come after the 20th it will already get a bit more quiet.

mykonos
2. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

Until the end of September and even into the first week of October, the island is still buzzing with a gay crowd ( alot of regulars). I have lived on the island 11 years and love September for the clientele, the familiar faces and the new comers.

Sometimes at the end of september there is one night when there is a big rain storm...but it adds some magic as everyone has a good laugh :)

Many locals also start to go out and enjoy themselves as they have more time... you will love either date in September...

athens
reviews: 3
3. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

if you want more people on the streets, then early september is more advisable.

in any case though, september is a great time to visit greece. Better service, better prices and the masses (of tourists) have left.

Mykonos used to be ALOT more gay friendly 20 years ago when you would pass outside of Pierros bar (now closed) and be faced with over 300 super gay and fun-loving men outside the bar partying and having a good time. People from all over the planet. From miami to london, to south africa. Mykonos was alot more fun then.

It still is a fun isle, but not as hip. Now its more of a destination for people who want to be seen and not for people who love to party.

i still love the island though.

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
reviews: 36
4. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

thanks for the info :)

Mykonos Town, Greece
reviews: 13
5. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

I do agree with Lovedup on the early September recommendation. Its a great time. Busy, but not crazy like in August and very friendly. All the regulars come at that time. Towards the end of September it gets a lot more quiet. Its still nice but not for everybody I guess.

I totally disagree with the comment about Mykonos not being for people anymore who want to party. Of course in 20 years things change, not only in Mykonos but everywhere else in the world. The times of Pierros and The Square are over, for many different reasons. But the nighlife has just moved into a different location. Since Babylon and Jackie O have opened a few years ago people started to move there. Its hopping, its busy, its fun . Not pretentious at all and not for people who want to be seen.

Mykonos is a great island and you can have a lot of fun here.

reviews: 1
6. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

Hi guys

I am a young bi guy, 25 y old, actualy I m planning to come to Mykonos around the 21-22 september. I m waondering is still the island full of teh same parties or parties have alaredy stopped? I m referring not only for the gay scene but also for the straight scene.....

Like the area in Paradise beach where most of young people go to party, is still pretty ful or is totally empty?

As I m coming to have a lot of fun and I m not coming if there are only families or older people....Unfortunately I cannot come earlier....

Thanks for any advise

7. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

Hi guys

I am a young bi guy, 25 y old, actualy I m planning to come to Mykonos around the 21-22 september. I m waondering is still the island full of teh same parties or parties have alaredy stopped? I m referring not only for the gay scene but also for the straight scene.....

Like the area in Paradise beach where most of young people go to party, is still pretty ful or is totally empty?

As I m coming to have a lot of fun and I m not coming if there are only families or older people....Unfortunately I cannot come earlier....

Thanks for any advise

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
8. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

The big clubs at Paradise will probably be closed for the season by the time you get to Mykonos. The website for Paradise Club shows that their closing party is on Saturday the 15th, while Cavo Paradiso's site currently shows no events after September 9 (but they haven't announced a closing party yet). During the day, Paradise beach should still be fairly busy ... it won't be totally empty but it won't be wall-to-wall people either.

In Mykonos Town, you will still be able to have a good time at dozens of different bars, including the gay & straight clubs along the seafront and the straight bars in the Little Venice area.

If you're expecting the wild & crazy beach parties and all-night club parties that you have heard about, late September isn't the time to go to Mykonos .... that happens during July and August, and maybe into the first week of September.

9. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

Thank you for all information!

Then I will have to think if it s worth going there or not as I don t want to run the risk to go there and get bored because there is nothing to do or well because it s too quite

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 9
10. Re: gay life in mykonos in september

Hi All... I vsited in mid September 2010 and found the gay clubs to be pumping, and the city relatively empty. Perfect for me!

I will be there again from 18-25, and I have herd from many of the bar owners that this is a pretty good time for the Gay Mykonians! ... we shall see!

If your there... Ill see you there! :)

Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town