We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice little restaurant/bar near the port??

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, United...
reviews: 83
nice little restaurant/bar near the port??

Just found out that some friends on a cruise will be docking in mykonos next week whilst we're there.

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to meet up for lunch, but also easy to find or pinpoint. We'll of only been there a couple of days ourselves, but arn't staying in mykonos town itself. So ideally, somewhere easy to find.???

many thanks as always

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: nice little restaurant/bar near the port??

hi wales4you: Keep in mind that Mykonos has two ports ... the New Port at Tourlos, which is about 2 km from Mykonos Town, and the Old Port right at the Mykonos Town harbour. If your friends' cruise ship is actually "docking," that would be at the New Port. If, however, it is tendering passengers ashore, that would be to a jetty in the harbour near the Old Port.

If they are getting tendered, you could arrange to meet next to the little church with the blue dome that is right beside the water at Mykonos harbour (across the wide street from Mykonos Town Hall, which has a distinctive terra cotta-tiled roof). It's only a stone's throw from the jetty where the tender boats unload passengers. In the pic at the following link, you can see the church and Town Hall behind it: …webshots.com/photo/…

If they are docking at Tourlos, chances are your friends will travel to Town on a cruise ship shuttle bus. Those buses drop passengers off at the Old Port, from where it's only a five-minute walk to Town. The walking route into Town goes right past Babulas Taverna, which is impossible to miss because there's a bold red fishing boat with the taverna name on it on the rocky shore next to the restaurant. That would be a good spot to meet since it's an easy-to-spot "landmark." There's a pic of it at this link: …webshots.com/photo/…

Babulas, incidentally, is straight across the harbour from the little blue-domed church, about a 10-minute walk.

Once you meet your friends, I suggest wandering the streets in Town to find a bar or taverna that appeals to all of you. I personally would recommend avoiding places along the water because they are generally tourist traps (they're magnets for cruise ship passengers) and you'll get better quality and prices in Town away from the sea.

Southport, United...
reviews: 83
2. Re: nice little restaurant/bar near the port??

thanks as always donnyb. I havent a clue where they're docking, all I know is that they're on an NCL ship, I think it gets in the morning and leaving either late at night or next morning!

Will have the mobile with us so will try to ring them, if we dont get to see them before we go.

think it may be easier if they contact us once they have found somewhere they like.

3. Re: nice little restaurant/bar near the port??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 02, 2012