We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Llandeilo, United...
reviews: 6
Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Due to go to the Costa Adeje Gran hotel in a 3 weeks time & a bit disappointed / concerned about recent iffy reviews. Also had email from Thomson's about pool being worked on. A bit worried about noise / scaffolding & reviews seem a bit mixed. Does anyone have any comments / experiences to share

????

16 replies to this topic
Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
1. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Having looked at the recent reviews they are mixed. I can however understand your concern regarding pool maintenance and work being carried out that includes noisy drilling. As the reviews are mixed and some people have not referred to noise then perhaps it is more obvious in some rooms than others.

I assume you were not told before you booked that maintenance work was due to be carried out around the time of your arrival? The trouble is that travel agents are sometimes not aware either and regardless they'll lie through their teeth to ensure the booking is firm. If it was me and I was really concerned I'd be asking to move to another hotel. I can't see the point in saving up most of the year and not enjoying my vacation. In the past I've swapped my hotel when I've read of temporary problems with it and the agent has changed it FOC.

The only other alternative is to find out exactly where the noisy rooms are as it's a big hotel and email the hotel with a room number ensuring you're well away from it.

London, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

It is a 5 star hotel all inclusive hotel at 3 star hotel prices,

So what do you really expect for the money?

I am a bit shocked that it is a Thomson hotel.

Hopefully as Thomson have contacted you about the pool being worked on you will be able to change hotels at no cost.

Midlands
reviews: 25
3. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Stayed there many years ago when it first opened, the rooms are a good size, but it is more of a four star hotel, service and food wise.

Certainly doesn't compare with other five star hotels in the area.

It also has a much poorer location than the more upmarket hotels, it is on top of a steep hill, surrounded by nothing special, 10 mins walk to beach, whereas most of the five star hotels, with the exception of the Vinci plantation are towards the beachfront.

Don't expect five star, as previous poster says, you generally get what you pay for.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
reviews: 47
4. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

We are just back from 2 weeks at the CAG. The impact of the pool repair was surprisingly minimal, not too much noise but it doesn't look great having the pool empty and cordoned off and a large area in the reception/lounge area with scaffolding. It did mean the roof terrace was much busier than it normally would be.

I would say the hotel is still nice but I think the standards have slipped since we were there last. The hotel is defiantly looking a bit tatty and the cleaning in the public areas/toilets is not what it should be.

Because its predominately all inclusive now it is much busier at all times of day with people less likely to go out of the hotel for food or drink.

During our stay all the UK TV channels disappeared due to a change of transmission satellite, I was surprised that the hotel had not made arrangements to get the channels before the satellite switch.

Edited: 2:10 pm, February 27, 2014
Llandeilo, United...
5. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Thanks Hayzer very helpful. Looking forward to our trip :-)

Regards

Kathy

Swansea
reviews: 40
6. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

We went to Costa Adje Gran Hotel last April and we had a marvellous holiday, it is a rather large hotel and needs some upgrading but the food is really very, very good. The hotel is located in on a busy road but when we stayed there we were not disturbed by any noise. I suggest that you contact the hotel and your holiday company and request a quiet room and voice your concerns of posted reviews on the noise within the hotel. There are three pools, one being on the roof and for nudists (didn't go up there)

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Jacqui

Aberdeen (Scotland)
reviews: 47
7. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

The roof terrace/pool is for all guests and there are 2 private segregated areas, one at each end, for nudists.

8. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Hi

Just wondering how your holiday was? I have 3 rooms booked for July.

Any tips you could share? Rooms etc.

thank you

Edited: 2:35 pm, March 25, 2014
9. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Hi

Just wondering how your holiday was? I have 3 rooms booked for July.

Any tips you could share? Rooms etc.

thank you

Edited: 2:35 pm, March 25, 2014
Llandeilo, United...
10. Re: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews

Hi there we had a great holiday lovely resort. Hotel was ok bit tired, biggest let down we found was the food - not a massive choice & a bit bland, also lots of queuing. Our room was 493 sun in morning shady in the a/noon with side view of sea. There are so many really good looking hotels on sea front -iberostars & Riu Palace hope to try next year. Hope this helps

Reply to: Costa Adeje Gran hotel - recent bad reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje