We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bury, United Kingdom
Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

Hi all,

We are looking to book the Playa Olid for 2 weeks in July, the cheapest we have found is a package with monarch, we were just wondering what peoples experiences of monarch are as we are worried about them changing our hotel etc.

Monarch also offer the normal apartments and suite apartments am i right in thinking the suite apartments are the newer upgraded rooms?

The price difference is about £200.

Thanks in advance for any help, cant wait to book, 1st time to Tenerife!

england
reviews: 14
1. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

i,ve just booked these apartments on there own website might be worth checking out i got them cheaper... mind you that is for later this month..

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

Have flown with monarch a few times and booked a package to majorca a few years ago, never had any problems with them.

Stayed in the Playa Olid last year just in a standard room though don't know what the suites are like. If you have any other questions about the hotel just ask I will try to help.

Birmingham
reviews: 67
3. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

I have been on a package holiday with Monarch and also flew with them a few times and would certainly use them again. Never had any problems with them, touch wood lol

Worthing
4. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

We have found Monarch to be OK, no problems at all for us. They do a 'Happy Hour' flight sale every day between midday and 2pm (it's actually 2 hours), you can get a bit more info here. etenerifeholidays.co.uk/blog/monarch-airways…

Walsall, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

Went to Tenerife with Monarch 2011, Everything fine!

Went to majorca last year with Monarch, they switched the Plane to some Eastern European thing and we had a 'mayday' emergency landing in France!

Still

We have again booked with Monarch for Tenerife this year as they were £600 cheaper on the package we wanted!

I'm just hoping we have a Monarch Plane!

Worthing
6. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

We have found Monarch to be OK, no problems at all for us. They do a 'Happy Hour' flight sale every day between midday and 2pm (it's actually 2 hours), you can get a bit more info here. etenerifeholidays.co.uk/blog/monarch-airways…

cleethorpes
reviews: 9
7. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

Only problem i have had with Monarch is with them altering flight times .But plenty of warning in my case given .

Bury, United Kingdom
8. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

thank you so much for all your help, we have bit the bullet and booked the package with monarch, it was over £400 cheaper than with thomson........roll on july, cant wait first time to tenerife! xx

Huddersfield
reviews: 15
9. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

We have just booked at the Olid for two weeks AI from the 1st May with Flight+Hotel, with transfers, plus two hold bags 20k plus 2x10k hand luggage for £1100. I think this is a pretty good bargain.

10. Re: Booking with Monarch and Playa Olid Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje