We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 37
Long term

We are thinking about a longer stay in Matagorda in the future. I know there are private accoms but the prices appear way over the top and don't cater for a 4 week stay. What we would prefer is an apartment/bungalow in a small complex that has an oven and laundry facilities. Anywhere in Matagorda area.

Can anyone give suggestions outside giving the usual 'go to this link' cos I have looked at them all?

Has anyone here rented long term and can recommend where they have stayed?

Price range from low to €700. (basing price on how much it would cost to stay in an ordinary apartment complex)

Pat

18 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Long term

I've never tried Matagorda, but private places we've stayed in you can book for as long as you want, subject to availability. We're going to Playa Blanca for 3 weeks this September. I could have booked for 8 weeks at the time I booked (I wish lol). Long term rentals are usually a minimum of at least 3 months, so looking at a long term letting agency wouldn't help.

Hopefully someone will have some suggestions.

Manchester UK
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
reviews: 75
2. Re: Long term

I would imagine, (although sadly, I cannot give you any name) that complexes will snap your hand off if you were to take an apartment long term

Happy Holidays

Danny

3. Re: Long term

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:14 am, September 03, 2014

Airdrie, United...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Long term

My friend was in Bandama bungalows in November a small complex of 19 bungalows ... Just up the street from the spar in Los pocillos...so very near Matagorda ...they loved them and commented that most if the other guests had been there for ages .., good price too . Oh and many folk were repeat guests too for long term...

Good luck and have a great time when you find your perfect place

Ireland
reviews: 14
5. Re: Long term

Prices vary on length of time, quality of accommodation, demand and most of all the time of your visit. Four/Six weeks rental would cost much less in January/February than the same length of time in July/August.

Edited: 3:13 am, March 22, 2014
hants UK
reviews: 61
6. Re: Long term

You don't say how many bedrooms you need but Lanzarote Breaks has a 2 bed apt ref no 15446 at £251 p wk. Always worth an offer to an owner if you want a 4 week stay so you might get closer to the top end of your budget. This is not a personal recommendation by the way but we have booked a property through this site. Also, on the larger sites, Matagorda props are sometimes just under PDC which doesn't help!

Dublin, Ireland
7. Re: Long term

Cheers so far. We only pay €30 a day for the San Marcial (€210 per week) so I am not prepared to go higher than that. Usually it works out cheaper for long term but as quoted, most are 3 months and more.

Edited: 5:48 am, March 22, 2014
Oxford, United...
reviews: 25
8. Re: Long term

IIRC correctly, I have seen properties on Housetrip.com for as little as €15 per day - but as always, you get what you pay for. Took a two bed fully equiped apartment overlooking the harbour off that site for €25 per day last October and got a day off the rental - stayed ten days paid for nine.

Swansea
9. Re: Long term

Bosspat, we stayed at Guicimeta Apartments. We only paid £160 for a weeks stay...

May be worth approaching them...

Dublin, Ireland
10. Re: Long term

Thanks, Bridge. Where are they? am a tad hungover writing this. Our children surprised with a huge birthday party. Safe home, Bridge

Reply to: Long term
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen